Are We Allowed to do this?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillisa3479

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to know if we are allowed to give our opinions or make statements about what we feel certain handmade businesses are doing that we feel are wrong? Are we allowed to say which companies we like or dislike on here?Are we allowed to say what companies we have bought from and like/dislike? I just wanted to know so I can give my opinions without getting sued or in trouble.
Thanks!

Would you also like to give us your website address so that we might say if we do or do not like your items?

Here are the basic rules about posting on this forum. You can read more in the rules & regs forum if you are still unsure.:

We pride ourselves on being the friendliest soap making forum on the net. Please abide by the following rules to keep it that way.

1.For the purposes of this forum, ALL products commonly known as soap are handcrafted/handmade, regardless of whether it began as oils and lye or a base that may or may not contain detergents. BOTH products qualify as handcrafted/handmade soap in this forum.

2.Disrespect and criticism of another member, their practices or choices, will not be tolerated.

3.Disrespect of any member of the soaping community, whether they hold memberships on this forum or not, will not be tolerated.

4.Disrespect of suppliers will not be tolerated. While everyone have the right to post experiences with suppliers, both favorable & not, it shall be done in a professional manner free from insult.

5. Disrespect of any person, group, race, religion or people will not be tolerated.

Any negative, nasty, offensive or questionable comments regarding the above points will not be tolerated and will result in that thread/comment being deleted by the Moderating Team without further reference to the member.

Continued posting of negative, nasty or offensive comments will result in that member being banned from the board.

Thank you!- The mod team

She is not talking about suppliers, she is talking about other peoples handmade items.

How is knocing someone elses handmade business helpful to anyone? It just sounds mean to me.

Welcome to the forum :? .

If you think others can, truly, learn from what you post then it could be a worthwhile thread. If it's a complaint against a supplier, again - it could be worthwhile. If it's just a complaint or criticism without benefit to the membership then it doesn't really belong here.

and if you wish to spread the news that "omg some crafters are using BASES" then take it elsewhere.

inappropriate threads will be deleted, repeat offenders can have their accounts suspended. as for being sued - well that wouldn't be our call unless, of course, you are coming after one of us...

First of all,
Let me make myself clear. I do not have a website or a business. I am a crafter. I simply wanted to let the population know about a toxic chemical that is being used in so called "handmade soap" by a well known soap website. I was not intending to be disrespectful, mean or deviant. And I have no intention of offending anyone. My purpose was to simply "inform".
THANK YOU.

By all mean, start a thread about the chemical and see where it goes. Chances are many of us are already familiar with it, due to our chemistry backgrounds, so many of us will probably already have done research & come to our own opinions about it. If it can be discussed in a nonaggressive fashion, than maybe some of our younger members will learn from the thread.

Will do, thanks. Am I allowed to mention the particular company's name? (in a non-aggressive form, of course)

Latest posts

Back