Apple Cider Vinegar Soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ACV as soap ingredient

RalphAlexander said:
I'm new in the soap making business, and I never thought to use ACV as an ingredient. I read somewhere that ACV treats genital warts...so should I assume that a soap with ACV can serve as a remedy? My roommate once had genital warts, but back then we didn't know about ACV. What she used was Wartscide, and it made the warts fall off in just a few days.
Soap is a wash off product. I seriously doubt that your roommate would get any benefits from the ACV this way.

are there good testimonials about this acv soap already? is it as effective as the pure acv? i hope this effective so that those who are treating warts on their intimate parts would not have to be scared of the burning tendencies of the pure acv. other patients use creams like zerowarts UK instead. pls post an update if this is accepted by the society. thanks.

i actually just tried a shampoo bar and nothing is happening and im so mad bc a waste of material!!!!

What's the difference in benefits between apple cider vinegar and distilled vinegar? Presumably that's what the person was shooting for.

It's probably not for the main component (other than water) in all vinegar, i.e. acetic acid. It certainly can't be for its acidity, because in making the soap extra lye would have to be used to neutralize the acid. The alkalinity of the soap would wind up the same.

It's probably not for the sodium acetate that would form from this neutraliz'n. Technically sodium acetate is a "soap" the way chemists use the term these days. Acetic acid is a fatty acid although it's sure not very fatty, so its salt is a soap. But I've been told that all such short chain carboxylates do in soaps is act as an irritant. But maybe that's wrong; maybe along with the irrit'n, the skin is benefited somehow, the way urea softens skin and makes it itch.

But let's say it's not that. ACV has minor components that other vinegars don't. What those components are, I don't know, but they must be what people who specify ACV rather than just vinegar are interested in. Something from apple that's been worked over first by the yeast and then by bacteria. Could be all sorts of interesting minor stuff in that, and presumably somebody noticed it does something. Whether it works in soap, I don't know either.

update guys my bar ended up curing !!!!!... but i used it in a shampoo bar to aid in bacteria and also a natural bar that can help just with that extra clean feeling

Yay! I've got to try this one day.

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

I wonder if you could puree the mother from homemade vineger and add it after the cook in HP. It would be a way of getting fresh acv without using powder.

Idk I used 2 ozs in my soap mix and it was wipped cold processes soap

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Soap Making mobile app

Latest posts

Back