Almond Oil allergies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapMom

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are a lot of people allergic to almond oil.....say people who are allergic to nuts? My dear hubby loves the oil and puts it in his soaps but I don't want to due to people maybe having allergies to the stuff. Any thoughts?

I'm not a Dr. or anything, but off the top of my head I can think of probably 5 people that I know who have nut allergies. I would venture to say it is one of the more common food type allergies.

True, nut allergies are pretty common & can be deadly :roll:
So what I'm going to do is make some soaps with a recipe I like; and have some uncented & anti allergy :wink:

My son is allergic to Hazelnuts and Almonds, my daughter to Almonds and Walnuts. We don't do any nuts, nut oils, or nut anything. Heck I don't even do nut flavors or even nut scented candles with no nut in them at all.

They are also coincidentally allergic to peanuts but thankfully no other legumes.

When I decided to sell my soaps, I removed the almond oil from the recipe. My basic recipe has avocado oil in. It's just not worth the liability risk to me.

Latest posts

Back