titanium dioxide squirt bottle users

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For my last soap batch, I tried putting TD and sweet almond oil and beebees in a squirt bottle. I found it hard to squirt out, I think maybe the beebees were getting in the pointy squirty end. Let me know if you have tips and tricks. Thanks.

I haven't used ready done TD yet in the bottle, but I'm interested in this, have you tried marbles to shake it up ?

I haven't used ready done TD yet in the bottle, but I'm interested in this, have you tried marbles to shake it up ?
I think they have the same issue as ball bearings, they are round and could get lodged in the opening. Also, assuming they are glass, there’s always the chance of breakage. Little bolts have an irregular shape and seem to do well at moving things around. Because I’m cheap I first tried it with some little polished rocks I had but the bolts work better.

I use a small plastic pitcher I got from the Dollar Tree, about the size you would use for syrup. When I know that I will be using it, I just use my electric mini mixer and give it a good whiz. It should be noted that I use oil instead of water because TD settles down to clay if not used regularly.

@Zing, for the batch you are using, could you put a layer of cheesecake over the opening of the bottle, between the bottle and the spout, to keep the beebees out of the spout?

There are mixing balls that often come with protein drink containers. Sort of like a wire whisk but in ball form. I wonder how that would work? They are big enough to stay out of the spout.

@Zing, for the batch you are using, could you put a layer of cheesecake over the opening of the bottle, between the bottle and the spout, to keep the beebees out of the spout?

There are mixing balls that often come with protein drink containers. Sort of like a wire whisk but in ball form. I wonder how that would work? They are big enough to stay out of the spout.
I'm on it!! Cheesecake makes everything better!!

I 100% read cheesecloth, not cheesecake 😄, that’s an idea - but it does get pretty thick I wonder if the cheesecloth would just clog up.
The mixing balls also might work, but again the mixture is kind of thick and you’d have to use a pretty big container for them to be able to move at all as the balls themselves are pretty big.

Latest posts

Back