Alien Brain

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassgirl

Reaction score
I made a batch yesterday with pumpkin, ginger EO, a little cinnamon EO and some spices. This morning it appears to have "alien brain" on top. From what I understand, it means it got too hot. But is it still usable? The color's not bad and it smells like ginger.

Thanks! :D

I'd like to see a pic of that! 8) :) Sell it on E-Bay, people will buy anything that is alien themed there! That soap may go for thousands! :lol:

OK, here's a shot of it:
IMG_0015.jpg

Some of the squiggly stuff on top is from my pour, but NOT all that! Around the edges are small wrinkles.

Also, the inside of the soap looks crackly like this:
IMG_0016.jpg

It's all nice and firm and smells fine, so I'm hoping these two anomalies are just aesthetic. Anyone know?

No, it just looks crackly, like the color of the pumpkin/spice mix didn't blend with the color of the oils. The surface is actually very smooth and firm.

it may have overheated a bit. as long as any oil or lye sol'n soaked back in though it's not biggie. just make sure the top isn't "zappy". if it's not then it's just an aesthetic thing - leave it as is or shave it off and enjoy.

Latest posts

Back