Aleppo soap with bumps throughout

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ech0s

Reaction score
So I made an Aleppo style soap and I'm very concerned, seeing lumps and bumps throughout soap and not sure how to proceed. Is rebatch needed and is it possible?
Recipe:
20% water discount
Olive Oil- 50% (crafters choice- new)
EVOO- 20% (used at last minute- was walmart brand- could have been an old oil?)
Laurel Berry Oil: 30% (BeScented- new)
2 tsp Sorbitol mixed into distilled water before lye
2tsp sodium lactate mixed into oils
No EO/FO
No colorants
I did soap hotter then I normally do, around 123 degrees for both oils and lye water.
Wire cutter used. I did also cut very early- after seeing it had heated up too fast. A deep silicone rash occured on sides and bubbles on top. Had planned on cpop at 170degrees but removed when saw the bumps on top.
New containers were purchased for an 11lb mold which are higher, so I do need to figure out how to limit bubbles while simultaneously adding and straining the lye water to it.

Thank you In Advance for any help you can offer. This so sucks :-/

Attachments

• 20230731_015729.jpg
    20230731_015729.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • SmartSelect_20230730_183902_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230730_183902_Chrome.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230730_171402.jpg
    20230730_171402.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
It's hard to tell, but it looks like simple air bubbles to me.
Yay! I was a little terrified to touch it but went back in and planed it- it was air bubbles and wire rash 🤣. I'll be going back to my coconut and lard...it's easier on a girls heart. Thank you!!!

Attachments

• 20230731_030008.jpg
    20230731_030008.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I was a little terrified to touch it but went back in and planed it- it was air bubbles and wire rash
To further smooth the surface, dissolve a cuddle of salt (cupped palm) into a sink half full of warm water. Drop the soaps in. Wash with a cloth or bare hands and air-dry. Spritz lightly with alcohol to shine. (Optional) Save the water. It's good for washing dishes! :thumbs:

To further smooth the surface, dissolve a cuddle of salt (cupped palm) into a sink half full of warm water. Drop the soaps in. Wash with a cloth or bare hands and air-dry. Spritz lightly with alcohol to shine. (Optional) Save the water. It's good for washing dishes! :thumbs:
I've never come across 'a cuddle of salt' before, and I love it! What a wonderful phase.

Latest posts

Back