Adding Salt to CP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

safire_6

Reaction score
I would like to make a layered salt bar. Can I pour the bottom half, sprinkle salt on top of it and pour the second half over the top of the salt?

I am not really sure what you mean by sprinkling salt on top of it. Are you meaning a thin layer of salt between the top and the bottom? If so then I would say it would come apart.

What you could do is divide your batter in 1/2 and add salt to one of the halfs ... pour it. then let it sit a bit to thicken then pour the other over it then let it gel. Then you would have one half salt bar and the other half regular soap.

I am not sure if you would need to spray it with alcohol before pouring the top layer or not...... some do so that it will stick together but usually it is day old soaps or scraps they are putting in. Might wait for another one to comment what to do in this case.

HTH

Val

Recently I thought I was so clever. I made a 2 in 1 bar....half the bar was cp soap the other half was a cp soap/salt bar. Looked great. It's been 4 weeks now and they are warping.:( I am in a hurry right now, I'll try to post pics for you later.

Oh Dixie! Sorry that has happened!

Is it a cool sort of warp ..... like maybe you could call them Wave Bars or something?

Val

i saw some MP kits at Michaels today that were a layer of mp then a layer of mp mixed with salt then another layer of mp and so on... they looked kinda cool

Latest posts

Back