adding clays? (pics added)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kitn said:
I really like the color and the swirl . I think Sibi mentioned adding to much clay will cause crumbling. I don't know how much you added though .:D

Kitn

lol, i actually didnt add any clay. i added something called chlorella powder for the green

The UK's table spoon equals one USA teaspoon, 4 USA teaspoons equal one USA tablespoon. Hence my confusion...

So did you use a USA tbsp or a UK tsp?

I had no idea! Sorry! :oops: At anyrate, for a shaving soap I use 1 USA tablespoon.

ilovedoxies said:
xray I know the definitions of tea spoon & table spoons, perhaps I didn't ask my question quite how I intended, lol.

I've read contradicting recipes some say teaspoon and some say tablespoon. There is a big difference in a teaspoon and a tablespoon. The UK's table spoon equals one USA teaspoon, 4 USA teaspoons equal one USA tablespoon. Hence my confusion...

Are you sure about the 4 tsp = 1 T ....... I thought it was 3 tsp = 1 T

Val

Val said:
ilovedoxies said:
xray I know the definitions of tea spoon & table spoons, perhaps I didn't ask my question quite how I intended, lol.

I've read contradicting recipes some say teaspoon and some say tablespoon. There is a big difference in a teaspoon and a tablespoon. The UK's table spoon equals one USA teaspoon, 4 USA teaspoons equal one USA tablespoon. Hence my confusion...

Val

I believe it is 3 tsp. = 1 Tbsp. in the US.

Oh great. All that tsp. tbsp. stuff in the US and the UK is gonna be good and confusing for recipes. Now I have to look for the country of origin too! LOL!!!

I'm glad you posted that. Who knew?!

LJA,

Your best bet is to just google it, that's what I did. Just type

3 teaspoons equals how many tablespoons

and you'll get your answer

Sibi

weird thing...
now that the bars are out of the mold the top is turning whiter and lighter. the sides and bottom are still a yellower cream color. they have been in a dark cool room their whole (short) life. still pretty but changing colors.

with this bar of soap, since it is a castile, i thought it would be pretty soft but it is so hard i cant even cut it. i washed with a chunk of it and got very thin bubbles. why do i need to wait for 6-8 weeks for it to harden more? i really have been focusing on HP so this CP stuff is a little confusing.

No... but I know that it is close, I thought I'd read somewhere it was 4 but the question has already been answered so it's 3.

I found out the difference in the UK and US measurements when I tried to make that chocolate cake in a cup in the microwave. There was an email a while back that was going around giving you instructions to make cake using a tbsp of this and a tbsp of that. Well.... I ended up with more ingredients that I did cup so I googled the recipe to find out why and that's when I discovered the difference.

For every lesson learned there is a Kitten Love moment behind it. :wink:

Well, spank my a$$ and call me Charlie... I thought it was 4 tsp= 1 T. my WHOLE life and I cook all the time!!!

I feel like my world has just come apart at the seams!

(I was so in shock that I checked a bunch of different converters online because I couldn't believe it!!)

P.S. I DID check out the UK/US T./tsp thing and it looks like there's a SLIGHT difference, but nothing like stated before...

1 Tablespoon [UK] = 0.9607599 Tablespoon [US]
Unit Definition (Tablespoon [UK])
The tablespoon is a unit of volume used in food recipes. In Britain, traditional tablespoons varied somewhat in size, and various older references give sizes in the range from 1/2 to 5/8 Imperial fluid ounce (14.2-17.6 milliliters). The traditional British tablespoonful was often equal to 4 teaspoonfuls or 1/10 teacupful.

Unit Definition (Tablespoon [US])
The tablespoon is a unit of volume used in food recipes. In the U.S., the tablespoon is equal to 1/2 fluid ounce; this is about 14.8 milliliters. In Canada, the traditional tablespoon is 1/2 Imperial fluid ounce (14.2 milliliters). The U.S. tablespoon equals 3 teaspoons or 1/16 cup.

p.s. the above is not intended to be bitchy at all... i was just so thrown, then I remembered making dinner for my in-laws in New Zealand a month ago and used their measuring stuff and didn't notice a difference. (they're the same as UK)

krissy said:
Kitn said:
I really like the color and the swirl . I think Sibi mentioned adding to much clay will cause crumbling. I don't know how much you added though .:D

Kitn

lol, i actually didnt add any clay. i added something called chlorella powder for the green

Well I still really like it LOL.It is a shame I can't process what I read though..:D

Latest posts

Back