Activated charcoal.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes it can be used for a pencil line in your soap and it can be used to color your soap as well. be careful when using it to color your soap ,too much and you get black to gray lather and darken your washcloth. pencil line is safe

Use a small sifter to sprinkle it on evenly - can even use one of those tea ball screens. If you feel it is not even once you sift it on, do NOT blow on it - it will just pile up the corners, this I know.
Besides, you dont want it totally even, and you do want it quite thin, the top and bottom need to meld through the line somehow.

When using to color soap is it 1 tsp per pound of oil or 1 tablespoon? I plan to make black raspberry and vanilla tomorrow.

Ah I have been wondering how you all got those adorable thin lines in your soaps. I really like the look it gives to a simplistic bar- its the perfect touch I think. I can only envision the horror my first attempt may be lol. I would be so tempted to blow on it too! Glad you mentioned not to!!!

When using to color soap is it 1 tsp per pound of oil or 1 tablespoon? I plan to make black raspberry and vanilla tomorrow.

i do not know the size batch you make but lets say its about 3# and under ,1-2 level teaspoon should be more than enough. its a product that a little bit goes a long way. once it cure you will get an idea of the true color and lather . and if you find that your lather is not dark or black then you may be able to add more next time for a darker color, just keep gauging the color of the lather.

Back