Acne soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a soap for a young lady who had terrible acne on her face and back and she was allergic to coconut oil. I used tallow instead of coconut oil, french green clay and a blend of essential oils of lavender, clary sage. rosemary and tea tree. She was so happy with this soap that she was able to wear a backless dress to her prom and her face was clear. I also told her to use Witch Hazel afterward as a toner and natural aloe vera gel for a light moisturizer. Caution with the clary sage should not be used by anyone who is pregnant.

Debra

Recipe: Light Moisturizer for Oily and Acne-Prone Skin
½ cup 100% pure aloe vera gel
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
12 drops of lavender essential oil
5 drops of rosemary essential oil
3 drops of tea tree essential oil
Stir aloe vera gel and olive oil together. Add essential oils drop by drop and gently stir into mixture. Pour the mixture into a bottle with a squeeze-style dispenser cap. Keep tightly closed. Gently shake before each use since separation may occur.
This recipe was shared by Tracey McGoughy. I have tested it on my grandchildren it worked great. If you use this recipe please give credit to Tracy.

Activated charcoal seems to work really well for acne prone skin. I do an activated / bentonite clay mask which has had great results.

Latest posts

Back