a new scent idea for me to try

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodi

Reaction score
After 8 years of successfully selling my CP soaps I have developed sensitivities to many fo's, and even some eo's (lavender, which was once my fav, now makes me sneeze and cough - a lot)

So I am wanting to make up batches of one-scent eo soaps....just peppermint, just citrus, just tea tree, even pettigrain (my new love).

anyone ever do this?

I dont use many eos, but lemongrass is nice. Any other citris doesnt stay well in cp. How bout pachouli and something?

I made a batch with just Lime eo and called it Key Lime Pie. It is currently my favorite soap. I also like Orange Valencia eo, though it doesn't hold the scent very well in cp soap. Peppermint 2nd distilled is nice by itself.

Re: E.O.s

I have been making a new Spearmint E.O. and also an Aniseed E.O. These I marblised. They are great. The spearmint is fresh smelling through to the last, as with the aniseed. I am finding a lot of my customers like natural fragrances in preference to F.O.s.

I think it's a great idea for a range.Just Peppermint.Just T-tree. etc Bergamot holds up ok on it's own.Lemon eucalypt. T-tree. Anise. And all quite strong so you don't need much. Shame about the Lav sensitivity Woodi.

Woodi said:
After 8 years of successfully selling my CP soaps I have developed sensitivities to many fo's, and even some eo's (lavender, which was once my fav, now makes me sneeze and cough - a lot)

So I am wanting to make up batches of one-scent eo soaps....just peppermint, just citrus, just tea tree, even pettigrain (my new love).

anyone ever do this?

I normally use EO blends of 2 to 3 EO's apart from Lavender which I use "stand alone".

Ylang Ylang makes me cough and sneeze and makes my eyes water. I refuse to use it now, even when requested :)

But I won't mess with my lime-ginger recipe...it's too popular. One part lime to one-third part ginger.

lavender stinks anyways! lol.
Weird, I dont find any of my customers care about fragrance, they seem more concerned about the oils. I love fos. I still say pachouli, people seem to love it.

i do just jasmine, lemongrass, peppermint, spearmint, bergamot, vanilla all of them are lovely

Back