A couple of experiments

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaitriBB

Reaction score
My first try at a gradient, didn't go so well. This is a vetiver-patchouli blend.

gradient_zpse77fb909.jpg

My first goat's milk soap, this is an apple cinnamon with salt scrub crumbles. Somewhat better :)

goat_zps60d7a620.jpg

Thanks :) I'm a dork and forgot to line my mold, so I was all ready to pour and .... crap. Rush rush rush and line the mold, now the soap is starting to thicken, crap crap crap ... hence why it didn't go so well :)

You may not be happy but I think it's beautiful. I love purple! The goat milk looks great, too. That was a clever idea to cover it with salt bar crumbles. :D

Hi :wave:

As I'm sticking to familiar territory of goats milk soap, and have yet to step outside the square and try colours, I think your 2 soaps look great. I particularly like the top one with the purple - the colours are vivid and the look is quite rustic - I think it's beautiful! :clap:

Maybe I might try some colours one day..... :)

Hazel said:
You may not be happy but I think it's beautiful. I love purple! The goat milk looks great, too. That was a clever idea to cover it with salt bar crumbles. :D

Thanks, they have a layer of salt crumbles inside too.

I love love love that purple one! I'm going to have to try something like that now. It's lovely.

Back