1st Scented Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piedmont

Reaction score
Trying to get the courage to make my first scented soap. I bought a tiny brown bottle of scent that the lady told me would work for soap at the flea market. If I set it beside a shot glass its about the same amount.

The only soap recipe that I use is this, 32 oz Lard and you would need 10.5 oz water and 4.292 oz of lye.

What can anyone tell about resizing my recipe to the amount of scented oil and best time to add. I thought it was added right at trace?

Mike

It doesn't really matter much if you add it at trace or add it to your oils. I just add at trace because I've never had a problem doing it that way, but some like to add problematic fragrances to their oils before adding the lye so that they can tell beforehand if the soap is going to accelerate, rather than have the batter suddenly seize after adding fragrance.

It doesn't really matter much if you add it at trace or add it to your oils. I just add at trace because I've never had a problem doing it that way, but some like to add problematic fragrances to their oils before adding the lye so that they can tell beforehand if the soap is going to accelerate, rather than have the batter suddenly seize after adding fragrance.

Thank you all for your advice!!

Latest posts

Back