100% beef tallow beer soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpacamper

Reaction score
I know I read where a few members made 100% tallow soap with beer instead of water but my searching skills are lacking. Has anyone made this kind of soap? Do you cook the alcohol out of the beer first? Does the beer provide some lathering property to 100% tallow soap that makes such a soap better than using water? Thanks all!

i've not done beer soap with tallow exclusively, but i've done a few batches of beer soaps and shampoo bars. yes, you cook the alcohol out of the beer first. if you're not in a hurry, you can just leave it open in the fridge for like a week (that's what i usually do). beer does adds improvement to the lather department. i love beer soaps.

Its similar to a all lard bar. Very hard with a creamy lather, not a lot of big bubbles but its still a nice soap.

I did 100% tallow with the suet from our beef cow last winter, she was soap less then 12 hours after butcher..

Anyway, I normally do the thermal transfer method for melting oils and did not take into account the high melting temp of beef tallow, so that was a bit touch and go for a few minutes.

I superfat at 8% and LOVE LOVE LOVE my tallow bars, the bars are super hard, so much so infact they cracked and were a pain in the ass to cut a bit crumbly.

The lather is low and creamy, beautiful as I love the creamy lather more then loads of bubbles. Very mild (I like to keep my cleansing numbers below 13)

Latest posts

Back