Kid toy embeds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you wanting to do small runs of different stuff, even some unique pieces, or larger runs for selling? For smaller runs, for gifting and such, I'd look around at everything stores, like Wal Mart, dollar stores and the like. Some place like Oriental Trading might have some stuff you could use if you're looking to make lots of soap.

Be careful of the outer surfaces of toys for embeds. A friend reported that her son was hurt by a sharp edged toy when he used a soap with such an embed.

Good point (no pun intended). Many toys look cool in soap but yes, you have to think about the toy when the soap is gone.

Are you wanting to do small runs of different stuff, even some unique pieces, or larger runs for selling? For smaller runs, for gifting and such, I'd look around at everything stores, like Wal Mart, dollar stores and the like. Some place like Oriental Trading might have some stuff you could use if you're looking to make lots of soap.

Just some small ones, for kid's at Church and such

I make these...

Lightly scented with Applejack fragrance.

canvas 1.png

canvas.png

canvas 2.png

canvas 3.png

Brambleberry has cut erasers for embedding. They are soft and usable after the soap is gone. When my daughter was still working with the m&p she used the erasers and kids would want to collect the set.

I used the action figures because they were a good value, had no moving parts, and were not overly abrasive. The first batch I bought were only about 1 cm tall, so I was worried about a choking hazard.

I know that in the UK (poss EU) anything like that has to pass the choke test or TS can remove them from sale,

I have only ever put them in melt and pour so they can be seem through the clear soap. My supplier tells me they are made out of polyvinyl chloride so it should take the heat no problem. The only thing I would be concerned with is the paint from the pony's mane being damaged by the heat of saponification and caustic. If you try it do let us know how it turns out.

Back