Suppliers and expiration date

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbreid

Reaction score
I have played around with making lotions, but one question that I have when buying products from suppliers is how long are the ingredients good for. I don't know how old the ingredients are that I am using. I have not found any dates at all. I think it would help if I at least had a manufactured date. Anyone have any thoughts recommendations? I just want to use the freshest ingredients.

Most items I order from suppliers have an expiration date on them. Sometimes it's stamped onto the container, but sometimes it's a sticker that looks like it was added to the bottle when the bottle was filled. I actually thought the second instance is a little odd because if the supplier refills smaller bottles from a larger vat, that I can't really trust the sticker. But so far I haven't had any trouble with those items, so I just may be overly suspicious.

Where are your supplies coming from and can you contact the suppliers to ask what their protocol is regarding expiration dates or best used by dates?

Latest posts

Back