Inspire Me - Soap Making Game

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snappyllama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm feeling pretty blah this weekend and have been staring at my soaping supplies without being able to figure out what to make next. I need y'all to tell me what to do!

The next person to reply picks my scent and technique(s) from the lists. I'll post pictures of the cut. BUT, there's a catch. If you tell me what to do, you have to be prepared to do someone else's bidding. Post your own list and take your instruction from the next person. Be sure to post pictures.

Scents
WSP Coconut Lime Verbena
BB Ginger Patchouli
BB Rich Chocolate
BB Moroccan Mint
WSP Karma
NSS Juicy Apricot

Technique (you can tell me to do multiple of these if they can be combined)
Cupcake
Hanger Swirl
Drop Swirl
Spin Swirl
High Top
Confetti
Mica Line
Ombre
Layers
ITP
Any other technique that can be done in a slab, loaf or Tall/Skinny mold (can you see why I'm indecisive)

Last edited:
Ginger patch Ombre soap. Mica line (try color coding it to hilight the layers, ie hot link layer hot pink mica, pink layer pink mica etc....watch out for separation!)

Crud. Do I have to do it now lol!

Gah! I've never done either of those techniques. This is going to be a fun disaster. Thanks for the command! :D

Now you have to do what the next person says!

I wanna participate! Lionprincess, how about you do an ocean/ice themed soap with the bottom layer with a drop swirl and the top layer a solid color separated by a mica line?

4 th of july later red white and blue Coconut lime verbana with a possible star in in the upper right corner or several small tube start :)

I wanna participate! Lionprincess, how about you do an ocean/ice themed soap with the bottom layer with a drop swirl and the top layer a solid color separated by a mica line?

Ok, I'm back! So, drop swirl bottom layer, solid top layer with mica line to separate. Is this correct?

,now you choose the fragrance.
ahoy matey by Daystar
stone washed cotton by Daystar
lavender forest Brambleberry
Toffee sugar crunch Daystar alty Mariner
green Irish tweed Oregon trails
Silver Mountain Water organ trails
Moonlight pomegranate Brambleberry
Fresh squeezed oranges rustic Escentuals
mango rustic Escentuals
fresh snow Brambleberry ** may go with the ice theme??

Essential oils
10x orange, rosemary, frankincense, juniper berry, Patchouli dark a little, cedarwood, lavender 4042, tea tree, litsea, sweet birch, birch tar, eucalyptus, lemongrass

4 th of july later red white and blue Coconut lime verbana with a possible star in in the upper right corner or several small tube start :)

Now zolveria, to participate, wait for galaxy to list techniques and scents they have. then you get to pick which one they list you want to see them do :) they may not have coconut lime verbena for example, so let them lost what they can do, are willing to do and their scents readily available and you can dictate to them what they must do (from that list).

Great idea snappy!

Ok, I'm back! So, drop swirl bottom layer, solid top layer with mica line to separate. Is this correct?

,now you choose the fragrance.
ahoy matey by Daystar
stone washed cotton by Daystar
lavender forest Brambleberry
Toffee sugar crunch Daystar alty Mariner
green Irish tweed Oregon trails
Silver Mountain Water organ trails
Moonlight pomegranate Brambleberry
Fresh squeezed oranges rustic Escentuals
mango rustic Escentuals
fresh snow Brambleberry ** may go with the ice theme??

Essential oils
10x orange, rosemary, frankincense, juniper berry, Patchouli dark a little, cedarwood, lavender 4042, tea tree, litsea, sweet birch, birch tar, eucalyptus, lemongrass

Yes that's correct, and lets go with Silver mountain water. I've never smelled it before but it sounds like it would be cool and refreshing.

Ok Zol,

I have no star tube molds but I do have some cookie cutter shapes so I could do embeds using some red/blue stars cut from a thin slab and then embedded in the soap?

I don't have coconut lime verbena but I have Island coconut and lemon verbena. Would that work?

yeap thats what I meant Island coconut and lemon verbana .
With star or with out stars :)

Yes that's correct, and lets go with Silver mountain water. I've never smelled it before but it sounds like it would be cool and refreshing.

Ok Zol,

I have no star tube molds but I do have some cookie cutter shapes so I could do embeds using some red/blue stars cut from a thin slab and then embedded in the soap?

I don't have coconut lime verbena but I have Island coconut and lemon verbena. Would that work?

Zolveria, Now you'll need to post your fragrances and techniques so that someone else can tell you what to make.

Lionprincess, I cannot wait to get started on your inspiration tomorrow afternoon!

Alrighty, Lionprincess... An ombre layered, 5 mica line gradient soap is in the mold. I've got my fingers crossed it will look okay and the layers will hold together. I was interrupted and think my layers got out of whack with one ending up thicker than I intended. Oh well. My house is a zoo sometimes...

I think I have more mica floating around my kitchen and on me than I do left in the jar. That was a fun challenge!

Alright. I enjoyed myself a little too much on my mother's day date with the ole man. I paid for it all day Sunday. So I got the colors picked out and recipe in order. I'm making it this afternoon. I'll post pics as soon as I can. I am sorry for the lag.

Just cut (not cleaned-up at all)... I'm okay with these.

I put too much white in with the first blend and that threw off the rest of the bar. My mica lines didn't separate (yay), but I think the colors were off (it's hard to tell I blended each line's mica)... also the thickness wasn't great.

I wish my layers came out better. I should have done less-eyeballing and more measuring on the pours. I did get some air pockets since it took a long time to spoon out each layer, wipe the sides, put mica line on, wipe sides, repeat.

For sure, I'll try this again, although I might use a regular mold since the T&S one doesn't give a lot of room for wiping and seeing the lines.

The fragrance changed from a gingery-patch oob... it smells almost minty now. I still like it. It gave me tons of time to work and behaved perfectly.

IMG_0131_zpslzlzwnpo.jpg

Latest posts

Back