Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How the heck do they do this??? https://www.pinterest.com/pin/541628292661838280/ Is the marbled soap made in a thin sheet, and then cut to fit as a liner in the round mold? It looks seamless. So pretty.
I visited her website. loads of great looking soaps. I think she loves the rind effect and from what I could see, she uses custom designed silicone mats for the rind part. I guess those can be DIYed as well.
ETA: although for the soap that you are referring to is probably done exactly the way you guessed.

Last edited:
I visited her website. loads of great looking soaps. I think she loves the rind effect and from what I could see, she uses custom designed silicone mats for the rind part. I guess those can be DIYed as well.
ETA: although for the soap that you are referring to is probably done exactly the way you guessed.

It's just so flawless. I can't detect a seam in the "rind." And it's the same thickness and perfectly even, so must have been poured really thin. I mean, I think I could probably do something similar, but not to that degree of perfection.

I can see the seam where it comes together, although it nice a snug and well-done. Earlier in this thread, someone had posted pics of the mats people use to get some of the textures she uses to get the rims (page 43). They are meant for cake baking but the mats allow for a pour that would be even all the way around. For a flat one, you would just need a flat mold, not one of the textured ones. Once it's at the right consistency, you could take it out and roll it, place it in a round mold and pour the middle. This person has a blog and although there is a bit of a language barrier (she's Russian), she may be willing to tell you how she does this. She has a lot of soaps made this way (some of her others are posted on page 35-36).

http://bysteso.blogspot.com/2015/04/soap-challenge-club-spinning-swirl.html

Last edited:
I like the color combo! And I don't know, the cubes are just attractive, although I don't think I would like that shape to try to wash with. Doesn't seem like it would be comfortable in the hand but I do like how they are done.

Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 6.20.35 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 2.49.37 PM.jpg

How the heck do they do this??? https://www.pinterest.com/pin/541628292661838280/ Is the marbled soap made in a thin sheet, and then cut to fit as a liner in the round mold? It looks seamless. So pretty.

She is my friend, and I'm pretty sure if you ask her - she would tell and show how she does it. I've seen some pictures of the process.
We've had a couple of what we call "duels" between us, those soaps with CP rims are the result of one of them.
For the "duel" I made a CP soap with a double rim, using a different technique than Tatsiana's.
I admitted she had won that duel. :)

zzz_S3017213.jpg

I couldn't screen shot this whole page, but it's worth looking at the link, esp if you like making favors (party/wedding/special events) for people.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/466192998901417996/

I did get a picture of the finished product and the website. IT's on a soap page but maybe it's not soap! Still, those are fine looking.

And hey, our forum got pinned! I don't know whose soap this is but it's fantastic.

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 1.27.12 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 1.29.59 PM.png

Last edited:
She is my friend, and I'm pretty sure if you ask her - she would tell and show how she does it. I've seen some pictures of the process.
We've had a couple of what we call "duels" between us, those soaps with CP rims are the result of one of them.
For the "duel" I made a CP soap with a double rim, using a different technique than Tatsiana's.

zzz_S3017213.jpg

OMG.....that's gorgeous!!! A double rim. My jaw just hit the floor. Thank you for the encouragement, I will write her and keep my fingers crossed.

zzz_S3017213.jpg

I went to her website, but for the life of me, I can't find an email address or a way to contact her. I tried to leave a comment, but parts of the page are not translated, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm not able to leave a comment. Are you able to tell me the best way to get in touch with her?

I was able to see your comment about the soap, and I see you're from Montreal. I have lots of family there! I haven't visited in a while and I miss the smoked meat sandwiches!!!

I went to her website, but for the life of me, I can't find an email address or a way to contact her. ...

I was able to see your comment about the soap, and I see you're from Montreal. I have lots of family there! I haven't visited in a while and I miss the smoked meat sandwiches!!!

Yes, Montreal is famous for its smoked meat. :-D I will send a message to Tatsiana with a link to this thread.

I went to her website, but for the life of me, I can't find an email address or a way to contact her. I tried to leave a comment, but parts of the page are not translated, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm not able to leave a comment. Are you able to tell me the best way to get in touch with her?

navigator9, Tatsiana has just created a new post about her way of making the rimmed soap:
http://bysteso.blogspot.com/2015/05/blog-post.html
She also has added a feature on her blog, so now anybody who wants can send her an email. :D

Thank you for contacting her, Fata Morgana!

The green soap I think was made by the same person as made the yellow soap. Looks good in green too! Love the blue soap. It's so opaque that I think they must have used TD mixed with their blues to get the varying shades and keep the same look. Love the layers and the way each one interfaces with the next.

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 11.35.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 11.37.25 PM.jpg

navigator9, Tatsiana has just created a new post about her way of making the rimmed soap:
http://bysteso.blogspot.com/2015/05/blog-post.html
She also has added a feature on her blog, so now anybody who wants can send her an email. :D

Oh thank you so much......I'm on my way!!!

Ahhhh......a slicing machine. That's how she gets those precise rims. Genius! It was very kind of her to share the technique, and thank you for asking her. I'm going to try to figure out my own slicer, I already have an idea.

Last edited:
Soap for the day. It's interesting that it reminds my of dandelion' soaps, and I'm realizing how much people develop techniques and looks that are recognizable as being from X soaper. It's almost like we put a little of ourselves in there and get a soap signature.

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 11.34.54 PM.jpg

This first one is an M&P that made me think of the dessert challenge, although different from what they are required to create. And I like the shades of pinks in the second one.

Screen shot 2015-02-13 at 10.49.18 AM.jpg

Screen shot 2015-01-11 at 10.16.47 PM.jpg

Latest posts

Back