Great Soap Works Spoon Swirl Challenge

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, this was my entry. It was a fun. Hope you like.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Really nice :) Is that glittery swirls in there or just a play of lighting?

Here is what I entered. It was really the only good bar in the batch, and it is cut thin. I made at least four other soaps (that might be low, I'm trying to forget). You'd think a spoon swirl would be easy but I struggled to create something that was even remotely distinctive to show off the tools and technique. There were some really great soaps entered - like, how did they to that?? I'd be lucky to steal a single vote from them, that's how competitive it was. It was neat to be challenged like this but I could do without the pressure!

Aurora4.JPG

Here is what I entered. It was really the only good bar in the batch, and it is cut thin. I made at least four other soaps (that might be low, I'm trying to forget). You'd think a spoon swirl would be easy but I struggled to create something that was even remotely distinctive to show off the tools and technique. There were some really great soaps entered - like, how did they to that?? I'd be lucky to steal a single vote from them, that's how competitive it was. It was neat to be challenged like this but I could do without the pressure!

I LOVED this soap. So unique, and the first thing that came to my mine was Aurora Borealis.

My entry. I layered the black and white and between each layer I sprinkled blue, yellow, and pink micas (the ones on top) and used a bartenders spoon to swirl with. Nothing fancy like some of the ones I saw. View attachment 11100

I love black and white soap. this makes me want to do an ITP swirl to create a marble effect.

Latest posts

Back