Different types of Glycerin Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielle22033

Reaction score
When using melt and pour my soap NEEDS to be wrap. (I know it's common knowledge) However, I was wondering what is the difference between the common melt and pour soap vs glycerin soap that is at the Bulk Barn (FYI for those not familar with the bulk barn it is a bulk foods store) that is not wrapped however is super hard and dry? Also this is not really the topic but how come they don't have to list their ingredients on the soap?

Most folks consider glycerin soap M&P. However, glycerin is a byproduct of CP and HP as well. So perhaps it's one of those? CP and HP are not required to have ingredients listed unless making claims then have to be labeled like cosmetics. But, most soapmakers do list the ingredients (me included) as I feel my customers need to know what's in my product.

Most folks consider glycerin soap M&P. However, glycerin is a byproduct of CP and HP as well. So perhaps it's one of those? CP and HP are not required to have ingredients listed unless making claims then have to be labeled like cosmetics. But, most soapmakers do list the ingredients (me included) as I feel my customers need to know what's in my product.

In Canada soap is considered a cosmetic product and thus needs to have ingredient lists.

Latest posts

Back