Brambleberry FO's

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sethkaylyn

Reaction score
I see Brambleberry is having a sale on their shipping so I have decided to order from them. Haven't ordered from any one yet since I am new at
soapmaking. I am so overwhelmed with all the many companies that offer
FO's. I have researched many sites but couldn't decide who has the better prices and quality.

I would love to hear any suggestions on their FO's that stick well and behave well with CP.

Thanks, Tina:)

No specific scents since I'll be ordering a variety to have many to tryout and experiment with.

Energy is really nice and sticks. Shave and a Haircut it nice as well. Those are the only two I've used from there.

Thanks shunt2011!

Where do you get most of your oils?

B&B has a new fo called Black Amber and Lavender that is divine. I also sell out of it almost as soon as I put them out. Only drawback is the the fragrance will turn dark brown when cured. I leave it to do what it wants but use a purple swirl that will show up in the dark brown. Energy is nice also. These are the only 2 I use from them

I generally only use EO for our soaps, but I do like to use BB's samples. I thought the cranberry chutney was wonderful. I really liked it. If only FO's didn't make me feel ill after prolonged exposure... *sigh*

I use a lot of BB. I really like their Black Raspberry Vanilla. I, personally, do not like Energy at all, but I am in the minority. I also really like Fresh Bamboo and Pumpkin Lager. These 4 all stick very well.

BTW, check out their silicone molds.

I really like these from Brambleberry:

Soapy Clean
Kentish Rain
Crisp Apple Rose
Cedar & Saffron
Orange EO 10X
Passionfruit Rose
Yuzu

IrishLass :)

Fata Morgana- I have a few Crisp Apple Rose bars left from a batch I made a little over a year ago and I just took a sniff of them. They still have scent, but I don't know if my sniffer is off right now due to cleaning up other bars and boxing them up this morning or what, because it smells like a lovely Yuzu scent to me right now. lol I'll have to take another sniff when I clear my nose of all the other scents I've been exposed to this morning and get back to you on that.

IrishLass :)

So far I have used OMH, Dragon's Blood, Kentish Rain, Pumpkin Spice, Oatmeal Stout, and Espresso. I like them all, Kentish Rain was a fast mover though.

I have Ginger Lime and Lilac left to make and they smell wonderful oob.

edit: doh! almost forgot about the cranberry fig! Very nice to soap with.

Last edited:
Jenny,

If I'm not mistaken I believe the sale on shipping costs ended yesterday

Only FOs I would steer you away from have come from the Chemistry Store. Pretty much everything I've tried from them either riced/accelerated like crazy or had a weird 'synthetic' odor (both out of the bottle and in cured soap).

Check out this thread if you haven't already (http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=44694). I'm an ex-Lushie who still loves their scents but can't justify $8 for 3.5oz of melt & pour soap because it smells good. I mostly do EOs but have been very happy with the Brambleberry and Fragrance Buddy FOs so far.

I love BB's FOs for the most part. Only a few have disappointed me with not sticking. Check out the FO spreadsheet that is a sticky and look at their page.

They are having a 20% off all FO's from the 16th-18th of this month. Code is SAVESCENTS.

Ancient Sedona is one of my all time favorite FO's of theirs and it sticks very well. Turns brown then red brown with a lot of time. I must have 40 or more of their FO's, swear to god.

Or here is the link to the entire spreadsheet. YOu have to scroll over for BB's page.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...authkey=CMTEtswL&hl=en&authkey=CMTEtswL#gid=0

Last edited:
THeir Lime is fantastic, if you like a tart lime rather than sweet and I've found it is an excellent mixer. Amber is very good for deepening other mixes but is a bit light on its own. Their Oatmeal Milk and Honey gets excellent reviews from many, but I personally think it smells like Playdoh. They have so many good ones it's hard to narrow it down. I just tried their Salty Mariner which is a good salt water fragrance, very strong and very close to Salty Sailor from Daystar. I could go on and on.

Back