Color in soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to use skin safe colourants and you can use some natural colourants, though some natural colours can morph in cp soap.
Clays are great to use.

I can't access to skin safe color in my country! I search about titanium oxide or corom oxide or mica but we have not producer for them! So I must test some other ways! I must search more about Clays!

Never put anything but skin-safe ingredients in your soap if you're going to sell them. You could hurt somebody. Do you have access to to any herbs or teas to give you some nice, muted colors?

You can use cocoa powder, tumeric, paprika. Do Not use non skin safe colorants. You could end up staining someone's skin or worse causing injury. It's not an option. Clays are excellent for coloring as well as activated charcoal or bamboo charcoal.

Can you find loose eye shadow? They can be another option for color. Usually they are made with mica's and oxides.

if you don't want to go the natural way and cannot find anything else, i would suggest using food coloring. this would be my last resort.

Ok! so Acrylic is bad! :) I start to test food's colors and eye shadow colors and natural! I hope I can find a good color! I can't find soapers in my language (west Armenian) but thank of you I think to be first home made soaper in my country :)

If they sell color cosmetics in your country then there are skin safe colorants to be bought, you just have to find them. Search for cosmetic colorants. They may morph a bit in soap or they may be the same as what we buy here for soap - you'll have to experiment.

Latest posts

Back