Shea nut oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misslavey

Reaction score
I bought a 16oz bottle of shea nut oil from a local health food store because I figured I could find a use for it in something (either soap or bath/body products) but I haven't really come across anything online about it

Has anyone used it in anything, or familiar enough with it to recommend a usage for it?

It's a carrier oil so pretty decent for B&B stuff. There are some suppliers who filter/refine shea butter and add some of that in to help it stay creamier. It is relatively high in unsaponifiables but I don't know the SAP number. Failing having that number I'd probably reserve it for superfat additions or B&B.

I mentioned this in your other thread, but I'll mention it here, too. I've heard of people using it in place of shea butter in their lip balms to get the benefit of shea without the graininess.

IrishLass :)

You can try mixing it with a hydrosol of choice and emulsifier, and see how you like it as a lotion.
Or like others mentioned melt a bit of a hard butter maybe also some beeswax, add it to it, and then try it as a lotion bar or lip balm, should be good.

Latest posts

Back