I finally got to meet the soap of everyone's dream

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summerflyy

Reaction score
Okay, that's an exaggeration. So I was in Bath,UK 10 days ago and when I was walking around, I stumbled upon this shop in the Guildhall Market where they sold soaps from all over the world.

And imagine my excitement when I saw the Aleppo soap !

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1418742640.375476.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1418742660.257988.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1418742694.725392.jpg

It's a very hard bar of soap and made with 5% Laurel berry oil. It's a rather fascinating colour and I'll post another picture of the inside when I start to use it. (Will not be very soon because I've lots of soaps to use up first)

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1418742805.913625.jpg

Ps, the Aleppo soap smells pretty great unscented.

Awesome find! :)

One of these days I'll get around to ordering some bay laurel oil and try my hand at making some.

IrishLass :)

@IrishLass yeap ! I was really surprised and was so exciting in getting it ! Can't wait to try and see how it looks like on the inside ! And I hope you can get your hands on the laurel berry oil soon ! Would so love to see someone make this wonderful soap !

@Ruthie IT'S HARD ! I really want to touch it and lather it up, cut it up perhaps to see how it looks like on the inside, BUT SO MANY BARS OF SOAPPPP !!! And there's only one of me ....

Aren't we a funny bunch!! On one hand we hoot and holler that people we give soap to don't use them! On the other hand when we get a soap we think is awesome we don't want to use it....well we do but we try to save it at the same time. Must be human nature, some strange "must keep it" gene we all have.

Latest posts

Back