The pigment didn't dissolve good

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ana C

Reaction score
I made a dark brown soap with pigments... the texture is good, but there are very little dots of powder pigments that didn't dissolve.
I put too much I think I don't know... I put 2 1/2 tbsp of pigment in 40 Oz. in my mixed oils and I mixed with the stick blender. It looked like it was all mixed so then I proceeded.
What do you think I should do next time? It's the first time I've tried to put colors in my soap. I need some expert experience :)

What kind of colorant did you use? I don't have much experience with color but I have used beet root powder, henna, oxides and recently liquid. The beet root powder and henna were a bear to mix in completely. I'd suggest mixing solid colorants with a small amount of oil until you have a completely mixed paste, then add that to your oils before adding the lye. Otherwise I've gotten chunks. Good luck!

I usually add the mica ,oxide or ultramarine to a cup of traced soap and SB the heck out of it and add it back to the pot .

I've used oxides pigments... I mixed it with the stick blender in my base oils mix. But it didn't mixed good :(

Latest posts

Back