Christmas Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a video just for you, Carabou! WE'll see if it turns out (the video). Even if the soap does not turn out, I will still show it to you because the fails are probably at least as helpful as a success. I have to wait for the soap to be unmolded though to complete it.

YES! A video! Let me know when to start popping the corn. If it was uncut as of your latest posting, does that mean it is of the taiwan-peacock??

Your Christmas Soap is splendid inside and out. Fireworks is a good description, and I think of sea anemones too. The bottom layer may not be as vibrant but I think it's dandy. It actually looks "cleaner" to me (and that's good for soap, don't ya think??). The lines look finer. In any event, I'm a fan of your Sine Wave Swirl. The curves are so soothing, just as soap should be! I much prefer the curves to the straight "fault" lines in most taiwan and mantra swirls. So good job for figuring it out and sharing it with us!

As for your three hags and the stabbing moonrock bar, well they might not be your best work but I'm sure glad they didn't keep holding you down!

Cara, I know newbie made the video for YOU, but can I watch too
I love watching others techniques, just got done with one IrishLass posted (not her work) now I'm inspired again....wish I could fit some soap making into my day tomorrow..

I can't believe it. I watched it last night to know where I need to edit stuff out and the video stopped just as I was pulling out the dividers. I deflated like a balloon and ended up with my head on the desk. The soap turned out well (figures) and it was a taiwan peacock so maybe I will try it again. Do you think it's facetious of me to make a video though? I'm not a professional soaper or anything. I don't want people to think I've gotten big-headed, but seriously how could I with the three hags staring me down.

Not facetious at all! You make beautiful soaps so why not?? If the design is a complete flop then you don't have to post it. But don't be too critical before deciding -- please, give us the benefit of the doubt! Most of us have a lot to learn from people like you. Julz and I are already lined up!

I want to see the video too! :wave:

Btw...If you ever make a "stabbing moonrock" video, I'll be first in line :lol:

Yes yes! I find watching other soaping videos thoroughly entertaining and educational. Makes no difference if they are professional or not I just love to see others ideas, processes, techniques and soapin spaces. Fun, fun, fun! Maybe we should do a vlog challenge. I've never recorded a soap session...could be interesting

Um, my son has a hand held attachment thing for a camera, which he uses to record skateboarding. I took a medal he got from someplace, triple wound the ribbon part that hangs around the neck, slid that over the hand hold and hung it from a Christmas wreath holder hook that I put on the cupboard above my head. Not a very professional set up but I currently have a nice Noel greeting every time I come into the kitchen. My christmas wreath, which I leave up all year, is now forlornly sitting in the hall though.

Very funny! Glad I asked. I have had a video cam on my wish list for a while now as I also toy with submitting an Alaskan Short for the international film festival that occurs annually here. If I get one maybe I can kill two birds with one soap.

Latest posts

Back