What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys and gals!
I made my first soap of the fall season today...last time I soaped it was in July to try my hand at a poison ivy soap with jewel weed. That was fun!
Today it was a repeat of a success I had with an Indian inspired soap using karanji oil...aka black cumin oil. Soaped at room temp and used the same FO but I did fool around a tad with the oil percentages ...nothing major.Well I forgot that its always better to hand stir after trace especially when you're looking to soap in individual molds.I wouldn't call it soap on a stick but the thought of the word crossed my mind... I was thinking about a prior post about looking for a way to not have to glop HP into molds....I had my chance today with CP!!!
Soap on!

I didn't make soap today, but did manage a few photos of my Marina del Rey Clay Soaps, so since a "soapy thing" I thought I'd post.

1442267432389.jpg

R, you have had a very short learning curve :)
Thank you so much! I feel like I finally have my "soap groove" on....I have a hard time though not going a day without playing...I pacify myself by rationalizing...it's for gifts, the food bank and charity....how can that be wrong...:eh:

I made hand cream, spray conditioners for the kids and me, and made a loaf using part coconut milk (my first time!).

Not much

I tried to trim one of my soap bars and it's still too soft. So I pulled my oils and tools out of the cabinets and carts and will try to soap some time tomorrow. The phone never stopped ringing, garden crew here taking down a tree, etc,. etc.

But, I did spend time on soap calc and re-did the recipe for tomorrow soap. I wanted to up the hardness to 39 and get the some other numbers upped as well.

The Nag Champa I made the other day, also with a new recipe, has an amazing lather. It's only been 3 or 4 days since I made it but I tested some of the shavings from the test trimming, and it lathered up immediately and beautifully. I want to do a new recipe tomorrow so both will be cured around the same time and I can do a good comparison of the two. The first one has lard and Rice Bran I'm omitting them from the second one, and using as part substitute for Avocado and upping the palm and omitting the Lard. This will be a bit harder than the first one, creamier, but a bit less conditioning. It will be nice to have a side by side comparison of them once they're cured.

I'm also doing a higher lye, lower water count with this one since I'm not doing any swirls. I'm only doing a small batch to fill my wave mold again, and only doing one color and hoping I can find time tomorrow to get it done.

Mine was doing that, too, for awhile. When was the last time you cleaned the coils under the fridge? What about the back of the fridge? I had no idea I was supposed to do either of those things. I bought a brush made for that purpose and managed to keep it going another two years. (I was pretty lucky, it was a 1998 model and I replaced it in 2013.)

That's probably something I should do, since I can't remember doing it. I'm horrible.

I made my September challenge soap today, fed the cats, ate some cereal, ate some more cereal, and read a book. I thought about cleaning the bathroom and then decided that mess could all wait until tomorrow.

My old man was trying to fix the thermostat on my car today and forgot to put the hood pins back on it, so the hood flew off the car while he was going 70 down the interstate. The windshield isn't in very good shape. He is fine, and he bammered most of the dents out of the hood and got it where it will mostly stay on. Sigh. Men.

I will need to make more soap as therapy for that one.....

Back