~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > General Chat > A little Thanksgiving story...

Old 11-23-2017, 04:13 AM   #1
lenarenee

Liked 2085 Times on 1044 Posts
Likes Given: 734

Default A little Thanksgiving story...

Because the past year has been a challenging one for our country and all around the world, I wanted to share what I witnessed tonight at the Sprouts parking lot. Don't get too excited - it was nothing terrifying, nothing traumatic and nothing heroic. It was a simple act of human decency.

Once upon a time, an elderly, frail man appeared to have been abandoned by his ride while doing his grocery shopping. Another man, younger, noticed this and stepped in. Gently and patiently asking about the older man's situation. He then offered to drive the man home; taking his groceries and carefully supporting each slow step the man made as they crossed through the parking lot. I overheard the younger man explain (maybe Uber?) there was a number his son could set up for him to call in case he gets stranded again. He carefully helped the man into his vehicle and packed in the groceries, then drove away.

The end.

See? Nothing dramatic, just a simple common act of decency. It's something that every single one of us has the ability to do.

And what a powerful thing that is.

Happy Thanksgiving! And Happy Holidays! And Happy any regular 'ol day too!

People Like This 
Old 11-23-2017, 12:20 PM   #2
Susie
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7909 Times on 4358 Posts
Likes Given: 16638

That was heartwarming!

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US, and happy Thursday to everyone else!

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2:10-14

Old 11-23-2017, 12:49 PM   #3
Saponificarian

Liked 169 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Happy Thanksgiving everyone in the US. I am thankful for all of you good people here. Y’all are great Company in this addiction

Old 11-23-2017, 01:44 PM   #4
toxikon
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1402 Times on 611 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Very kind of him! An older, disheveled woman once approached me in a grocery parking lot asking for a ride home. I wouldn't ever imagine myself doing it... but I did. I packed up her groceries, got her address and drove her home. Internally I was freaking out having a stranger in my car, but it felt good to do something nice for someone less fortunate.
Millie Likes This