Fun at the Flea Market and I love DEPENDS!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Okay this is two different posts...and one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. For the record I did NOT wear a Depends while I was at the flea market :lol: :lol: with that said...first post...

I did a whole weekend at the flea market, it was fun, I sold half my wares and 4 bars of another girl's soap. My son who has a problem spent both days with me, and he was GREAT! He's doing really well. I learned alot. People perfer my bars naked but I am ordering labels and wrappings...and by Christmas I should be more professional. I GAVE away a bar Saturday to an elderly man and the next day he and his wife came back for three :D

For some reason the same ratio of sales that happened when I left bars at the other ladies table (leave 20-16, she always sells 4) happened when I sold the other girls soap, but I sold 5 times as much of my own, I guess cause I was there to talk about it.

Over 40 aged men equal about 25% of the flea market regulars, they come by themselves and are my easiest targets to sell soap to.

I spent everything I made on two dresses, baby clothes, paying my son and eatting, LOL but I had fun and was exhausted. Everyone is friendly and the flea marketed hosted the Lationo Car Show, so it was a fun happy crowd.

now to the TMI post...

your
chance
to not read this
post....okay...

got a question for those who are now older and heavier and don't care what a man see when he looks at your butt...

What do you guys think of Depends for that time of the month?

I am tired of fem products that are not big enuf for my size 18. so I am trying to be brave and not vain and this will be my first daytime venture out with a Depends and boxer shorts on under my clothes...I actually feel both free and confident...although my daughter will be laughing till the cows come home...I don't care. :p :oops: :p

I say go for it . I have a friend with bladder trouble that uses them. She had surgery but it didn't work .
I used to have to take 2 extra uniforms to work during that time .I highly recommend a hysterectomy :wink: It is so nice not to have to go through that crap anymore.

Kitn

Kitn said:
I say go for it . I have a friend with bladder trouble that uses them. She had surgery but it didn't work .
I used to have to take 2 extra uniforms to work during that time .I highly recommend a hysterectomy :wink: It is so nice not to have to go through that crap anymore.

Kitn

Thank you for the support Kitn, it really means alot. I just listened to my daughter laugh hysterically for 20 minutes. But I figure since I don't have a boyfr who would casually pat me on the butt, risking hearing a crunchy paper bag sound (only when you first put it on) heyyyy what the hay...

it's better than trashing all my underware every few months.

You are welcome philly .Anyone who has not suffered this problem , would not understand , at all. I was 32 when I had my hysterectomy , I had suffered for 16 years .You do what you gotta do to survive it .

philly, I was about 25 when I first used Depends, after the baby died I had ALOT of trouble with "heavy flow", those things saved me ALOT of humiliation and to this day (I am now 35) I would still love to wear them if it were not for the expense. I'm a very small build person and they were not noticable from the back so I say go for it. :D

thank you so much for the support and sharing. I wish I'd been brave enuf to make this leap sooner. I was spending so much time checking the back of my clothes it was getting ridiculous.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day at the flea market. Happy to hear that your son is continuing to do well.

Can't help with the Depends, but a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do. :)

Jude

I had to have a hyseterectomy at 29 due to cancer and I can tell you I sure don't miss those monthly visits even a bit!

heyjude said:
Sounds like you had a wonderful day at the flea market. Happy to hear that your son is continuing to do well.

Can't help with the Depends, but a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do. :)

Jude

Yes Jude, after a year and 7 hospitalizations, my son is coming to terms with being a paranoid schitzophrenic. He realizes television and radio are his triggers, and he shares a home with no tv and radio with an elderly woman I took in who has the same illness. They are perfectly happy with out electronics.

He also realizes for some odd reason he freaks out at Home Depot (isn't that odd). He's enrolled in trade school and it has brightened his spirits, he has a good social worker and the school is aware of his problem and is providing him additional supports. I am thankful I hung in there because many times I could see him homeless, like so many african american men...and this would have torn the heart out of our family.

He is a good good kid. I know having someone with a mental illness in your family is beyond difficult, all I can say is he is maintaining for now and I am so thankful to God :)

krissy said:
this site might be helpful to you. i never thought of using depends before...http://www.vvskivvys.com/

ETA i forgot website, lol

There definately needs to be more products like this. The more weight i gained the more accidents I had, and "overnights" are ridiculous and you feel like crap when they are not big enuf.

I brought generic Depends at BJ's and the price was not prohibitive. I had to over come the stigma...and the jokes and laughter from my daughter. But I feel pretty good. I'm not ready to wear this in front of a male friend and if I have to go to the hospital I'll probably be a lil ashamed but if I'm at the hospital I'll probably be pretty jacked up anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

phillysoaps,
You are a wonderful and compassionate mom and person. I have a son who is legally blind. Although we have to deal with a lot of issues, it is nothing compared to what I see you have. I wish you the best.

The more weight i gained the more accidents I had, and "overnights" are ridiculous and you feel like crap when they are not big enuf.
Hey Philly. You do sound like a wonderful mom! Wanted to say I'm a petite girl, but when you have a very heavy period, nothing really works. I need to wear those huuuge night towels and that gives me about an hour...
So it's not just a problem when your a big lady and has nothing to do with age :wink: Just let your daughter laugh, if it makes you more comfy, why not!

I am so glad I'm not alone in considering using those things. I guess society makes us always think we are alone in a particular dilemma.

phillysoaps said:
I am so glad I'm not alone in considering using those things. I guess society makes us always think we are alone in a particular dilemma.[/quote"]
Amen sister . If we all just talked like you did , about the problem/situation , we would see that we are so not alone ,with our troubles.
Your daughter could very well have the same trouble you have when she gets older , I wonder if it will be so funny then.

Kitn

Latest posts

Back