How do you fix this problem? LOL

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptKirk

Reaction score
I attempted my first batch of HP tonight and my first attempt at a cocoa pencil line i was very careful to layer and sprinkle and then placed the soap to cool on the counter under the spice shelf and wile putting away the turmeric down came a bottle and plop.:lolno::lolno::lolno:

Lotus -- it's hot process soap. HP often has that kind of rustic look. If you rebatch your CP soap, you'll see what it's all about too.

When I made my last batch of soap, I was weighing dry NaOH into a cup on my scale. A lightweight plastic tea strainer fell off the shelf above my scale and hit my hand. I jumped, my hand jerked, and NaOH bits went flying. Luckily I was working on a huge steel sheet-cake pan that I use to contain my soap-making mess, and the pan caught almost all of the NaOH. I cleaned up and started over.

I'll settle for a spice bottle in the finished soap next time -- although I bet that was also a huge surprise! Or better yet, I'll check my work space more carefully before I start. :oops:

Just pull it out, clean it off, and fix the hole as you can. You'll get to see what surprise awaits inside when you cut! :lol:

LOL looks like something that would happen with me too! I agree with Mommy that you just smooth the spot as much as possible and then wait for that surprise when you cut it. Soap isn't supposed to be perfect in my eyes! Post pics from your cut if you can :p

Spiced soap LOL at least the top stayed on or you'd really have spiced soap!

I smoothed the top and let it finish cooling over night. When I cut it this morning i was actually disappointed when I couldn't tell where it fell in lol. I had to go to work this weekend so no pics till Monday. It's a drag having to work 3 days a week every other week... :think:

Latest posts

Back