cp soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazz65

Reaction score
Hi, im just wondering if anyone knows where im able to purchase refined Shea butter in bulk, in Australia avoiding the middle man to keep cost down low of soap making, thanks,:)

Moved from CP.

I don't think you can avoid the middle man. You would have to get it sent from Africa direct and I'm not sure if Aqis will let it in without certification. You would have to make sure there is no plant material whatsoever in it, or it would be destroyed or sent back.

Thanks so much for the prompt reply Relle9, i can purchase unrefined shea butter cheaper but im just a bit cautious about it,:) anyone out there tried it in there soaps or other body products

Just try a small batch to see how you like it first. I use unrefined, it works out just fine.

If you are worried about any plant material, gently melt the shea butter first, and if anything is in it that you don't like, pour it through a strainer.

Thanks mel z ill give it a go, you just get use to using certain ingredients, and sometimes weary about going outside the box, but as
you suggested ill try a small batch and see how it goes
thanks once again

Latest posts

Back