Buying grass-fed beef tallow in bulk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talc

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm new to soap making and would like to buy grass-fed beef tallow in bulk for my soap making. However, in Canada this is very difficult to find. Anyone know of any farms or outlets to purchase from in Canada? Any US farms or outlets that ship bulk orders of tallow to Canada? Thank you!

Do you have budget limits? I think there are quite a few places that sell grass fed tallow in the US but it is really expensive (I think used mostly in cooking by Paleo types) and shipping to Canada may be even more cost prohibitive.

Do you have budget limits? I think there are quite a few places that sell grass fed tallow in the US but it is really expensive (I think used mostly in cooking by Paleo types) and shipping to Canada may be even more cost prohibitive.
Thanks for the reply! I do have a budget and yes the shipping is tough but not much one can do about that with limited places to purchase the product.

Thanks for the reply! I do have a budget and yes the shipping is tough but not much one can do about that with limited places to purchase the product.
If you live in Alberta, I can give you a name. My dad was a butcher/meat cutter my whole life. He's retired but as far as I know the place is still in business. You should be able to buy from them. They always dealt with grass fed cattle. Canada has different laws than the US so there might be requirements that I don't know about (I've lived in the US since 2008). I suggest checking. If they are still open, I highly suggest also trying their beef jerky. My dad made the absolute best jerky and it's his recipe they use.

Latest posts

Back