~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > Sponsors > Vendor Forum > 1st Annual Design The Mold of Your Dreams Competition

Old 08-16-2017, 07:45 PM   #31
Kittish
Enthusiastic Newbie
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1082 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 650

I just had an ancillary sort of idea for silhouette loaf molds, especially something like clouds where ideally they're all rounded all over. An optional lid insert, that fits very snugly and has two or more (depending on loaf length) pouring holes. The inside of the top is curved, so that the finished loaf doesn't have a flat bottom. The edges of the main mold opening and the edges of the top might need to be keyed or slotted so the soap doesn't leak out. You could offer flat lids, too, with assorted patterns embossed on them.

People Like This 
Old 08-20-2017, 08:13 PM   #32
MarlaKC

Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyG View Post
Oh you can't bait us like that... LOL. What impractical ideas do you have?
HA! I had spent the day sorting through 30+ years of Star Trek books and was having visions of a bubbly Enterprise.

Though, perhaps not quite so impractical: how about a mold of the Star Fleet emblem? Something that imbeds could be dropped inti for the varios departments (command star, sciences circle in a circle thingy, etc.). Though we would than need the means to create the imbeds.

See? Probably not very practical. But I will keep dreaming.

Last edited by MarlaKC; 08-20-2017 at 11:41 PM.
JoeyG Likes This 
Old 08-20-2017, 10:05 PM   #33
JoeyG
Mold Meister
SOAP_SPONSOR.png

Liked 54 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaKC View Post
HA! I had spent the day sorting through 30+ years of Star Trek books and was having visions of a bubbly Enterprise.

Though, perhaps not quite so impractical: how about a mold of the Star Fleet emblem? Something that imbeds could be dropped inti for the varios departments (command star, sciences circle in a circle thingy, etc.). Though we would than need the means to create the imbeds.

See? Probably not very practical. But I will keep dreaming.

Well then... we are definitely fans of Star Trek, and we'll most certainly be having a discussion about this. Thanks for the suggestion... and never stop dreaming. Dreamers create the world we live in.

Facebook: Stay current with our progress