Honest opinions?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just soaped that exact fragrance. I used it last year too. It doesn't go too dark. You can easily get a cream color with td.

Looks lovely! Love the skinny bars. Or tall bars. Whatever they are called! It looks like a delicious milkshake :D

What about something like this? You still get the cute cupcake but in a easier to use form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QlMcM7YVFc

This is brilliant!!! Thank you :D

Or a cupcake soap stamp. I have an easy technique for making stamps using, amazingly, a bar of soap for the mold.

Just to make sure I understand, you use a soap to stamp your soap? Color me intrigued :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they look nice, they remind me of autumn too. I'm glad I read this post about purple colouring because I have the same issue and I thought it was just me. I've tried a few lavender soaps with ultra marine violet and they all turn grey but they end up a super light pastel violet colour that still looks crap.

I think they are cute for sure..very Autumn'y..but imho if you are going for winter, I'd go with at least a white/blue top..maybe wispy swirled with some silver glitter lightly sprinkled on top..

I like the other ideas posted too....and also am intrigued by stamping soap with a soap

This is brilliant!!! Thank you :D

Great solution!!!

Just to make sure I understand, you use a soap to stamp your soap? Color me intrigued :)

LOL. No. Sorry that was confusing. I carve the image for my stamp into a bar of soap to create the mold, then I pour resin over that to create the stamp

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. No. Sorry that was confusing. I carve the image for my stamp into a bar of soap to create the mold, then I pour resin over that to create the stamp

Daryl...would you mind sharing a photo of your stamp? It sounds super interesting! And I love homemade anything, so the idea that you carved the image and then made the stamp yourself is super cool :cool:

Great solution!!!

Oh :D that makes sense! Haha that is a great idea!

Daryl...would you mind sharing a photo of your stamp? It sounds super interesting! And I love homemade anything, so the idea that you carved the image and then made the stamp yourself is super cool :cool:

Sure. Here are some photos of the mold when I poured it...basically you carve a mirror image of your stamp into a bar of soap, then create a dam around the bar of soap using duct tape. Then you pour your resin (mine came from Michale's) into the dam and let it set up for 24-48 hours. Presto! Mine is a little more crude than I would have wanted because I wasn't careful enough to smooth the inside of the carved soap before pouring the mold, but it was really just a prototype to see if it would work. One of these days I'll remake it with a little more craftsmanship and a little less "crafty."

Resin in the Mold.jpg

Unmolded.jpg

First Impression.JPG

Thanks. It was a fun progect. Hardest part was getting the image on the soap so I could carve it. Also a little challenging to get a consistent depth, and the molding process doesn't smooth out any mistakes. It actually accentuates them. I tried cleaning up my stamp with a Dremmel. That was marginally successful. Much better to take your time and start with a clean image in the 1st place.

I think they look fine but I've never been obsessed with white soap. Ask your friend what look she is after. If for her holiday means blindingly white, then redo with a non-discoloring fragrance. By the way the stabilizer that is supposed to keep vanilla from discoloring only delays the inevitable.

Latest posts

Back