First goat's milk batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know many people were taught to PH test soap. Honestly, it is a waste of time and money. There is no reason whatsoever to PH test soap. It's not your fault, and I know many people still do it but most have no idea why they are doing it in the first place. It can not tell you whether your soap is safe or whether it is lye heavy. It can not even give you an accurate reading. Even if it did give you an accurate reading there is no reason to have soap at PH 8.5 as opposed to PH 10. Soap is a wash off product, even if it raises the skin's PH slightly when used, your skin will adjust itself within 15 mins.

I urge you to research this, I hate to see someone spend time and money unnecessarily.

Yes, you can. look it up on youtube, there are loads of vids teaching you how. You just have to keep it at the lowest temp and have a stick blender handy because it will try to seperate and make "buttermilk". I've done it with Cpop and hot process and it turns out great every time. You might want to invest in a candy thermometer though.

Thank you very much and I will try. I am excited.

Latest posts

Back