SMF January 2017 Challenge: Gradient Layer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry you missed the cutoff, both of your soaps are lovely. I think I like the pink one a squidge more.

Thanks dibbles, I was leaning toward #1 as well but the ash just aggravated me! I actually made an oops on #2 . . . meant to go from dark orange to light then light green to dark but messed up my coloring sequence.

Thanks dibbles, I was leaning toward #1 as well but the ash just aggravated me! I actually made an oops on #2 . . . meant to go from dark orange to light then light green to dark but messed up my coloring sequence.

The oops works - it is still pretty just as it is. I hate ash - have a batch of salt bars growing a record crop right now. Ugh.

doriette, those are gorgeous! The pink is also my favorite. (Though in person, I would prefer the scent of the orange/green :) )

I didn't have time to do another batch for the challenge after the spotted batch but I enjoyed the attempts and have been inspired by everyone's amazing gradient soaps.

Survey link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3C6NNMP

Sending passwords now.

Edit: All passwords sent except for one person who got accidentally deleted before I realized it. If youre signed up but didnt get a pm with the password let me know and I'll send it your way. Good night my soapies!

Dibbles, I'm so sorry you weren't able to get your soap in on time. I meant to write up a reminder in the entry thread yesterday. :( your soaps looked lovely though! I can tell why you were having a hard time with choosing.

Last edited:
Survey link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3C6NNMP

Sending passwords now.

Edit: All passwords sent except for one person who got accidentally deleted before I realized it. If youre signed up but didnt get a pm with the password let me know and I'll send it your way. Good night my soapies!

Dibbles, I'm so sorry you weren't able to get your soap in on time. I meant to write up a reminder in the entry thread yesterday. :( your soaps looked lovely though! I can tell why you were having a hard time with choosing.

My entry is in. It was doriettefarm that missed.

Just wanted to say well done to everyone, all the entries were fantastic this month!!! I had a go - my first ever gradient and it wasn't very even so I planned another go but ran out of time. I will post it here anyway :) ImageUploadedBySoap Making1485450698.997984.jpg

Last edited:
Awwww, Saponista, that is such a sweet and delicate-looking soap. The flower on top is a beautiful touch, and unlike anything I've ever seen on a soap. Gorgeous!

I voted... I'm really sorry I missed this challenge. My January is usually as busy, or busier, than December. The intent was there, however. I must say all the entrants did an awesome job. There are some gorgeous soaps in both the challenge thread and this one. You all made deciding very difficult.

Oh dear, I got sick and not only did I miss the challenge, but also voting - it seems it is closed already?
Anyways, great soaps everyone! These are true masterpieces :)

I am afraid the survey is closed.

Please see printscreen attached.

I can re-open it just for you if you're online currently! Thank you for showing this to me.

Edit: it's been reopened and I'll wait another few minutes to post the results. The extra vote should not effect the ranking.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back