Bleeding Colors

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapsense

Reaction score
I usually only make soap with minimal, wispy type colored swirls, but I see such gorgeous dark colored soap here that I decided to try it with a Midnight Pomegranate Fragrance. As you can see from the pick I did Blue, Red, Black with White on top. The colors are Oxides for oil, and I used the recommended amount. The black is charcoal. I always make extra and pour a test soap to use before I sell or give the soap away. Well when using the soap it made pink bubbles, and the white wash cloth started out with all the colors on it, which did turn into the slightly pink lather. I washed the wash cloth after and it didn't seem to stain. Is this normal? or did I use too much? I didn't want to sell this soap if it would stain anything, like someone's nice white tub!!!

Midnight Pomegranite.jpg

I don't sell but I give away loads. When I make a bleeding soap I just put a sticker on it that basically says don't use with white washcloths.

Back