What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't done anything soapy yet but I'm hoping my husband can keep my little dude occupied long enough for me to go upstairs and play.

But in the meantime, I was surfing the net and came across this pic...is it me or are there lye pockets near the bottom of the two bars on the left? This person is advertising these for sale I believe.

Looks like it may have overheated. I wouldn't sell it personally.

Galaxy, I'm so sorry for your loss. That's such a tragedy.I'm glad you could find some solace in soaping. I came here to post about my salt bar. I lost the cutting battle with this loaf. I thought I would pour and cut
in 2 hours or 4 hours max but the loaf was quite soft even after eight hours but I took it out of the brand new silicone mold it was in and left it until morning. By then it was getting harder and when cutting it was a little crumbly at edges, not terrible but I didn't get perfect bars. The smell is wonderful though.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1435672976.356832.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1435673027.558204.jpg

K, did you use a natural colorant for the yellow? I really like the richness of it, would like to try it myself. All of my yellows seem just a little off.

ETA: changed the "v" to "k" after seeing the other thread, now just have to remember to do it the future! :)

Last edited:
K, did you use a natural colorant for the yellow? I really like the richness of it, would like to try it myself. All of my yellows seem just a little off.

ETA: changed the "v" to "k" after seeing the other thread, now just have to remember to do it the future! :)
B, that yellow was out of a BA sample pack, it's a yellow oxide. It was quite dark, may be i mixed in too much, so I had to mix in some white oxide( my TD is packed up). May be the salt lightened it up a bit as well. I thought of using turmeric but I worried that it might turn orange instead. And the green is their green oxide. I should buy some good colors if I want to keep doing it though.

V is fine too, the whole VKumudini was a bit wierd :).

I agree it is overheating. The beginnings of zombie teeth can be seen. I wouldn't sell it either, but I have seen soaps for sale with similar flaws.

Overheating, zombie teeth? I hope you are not talking about my soap dorymae, I thought it was just salt soap being a bit crumbly and I don't sell soaps yet.

I have unmoulded schnauzer decorated batch prepared for my parents as a gift for their wedding anniversary. They have two salt and pepper dogs which I have tried to paint on the soap :) The one on the left does not look very bright and clever due to the eyes being so close to each other, but I will just give these to my mum&dad as they are, I think they will laugh a lot!!

sznaucer.jpg

Very cute soap Mintle!

I cut the loaf I made yesterday just now and it looks nice. Not as nice as I was imagining but hey. It looks good. I don't know what to call it. It has Violet bouquet FO, Rose FO and a Violet FO that is actually a mix of gardenia and Rose. All FOs accelerate except Violet Bouquet.

It's too soft to clean it up today. I'll do that in the next few days.

Oh, and the marks on the soap from the cutter are not as bad IRL. For some reason they look magnified in photos.

uploadfromtaptalk1435696154695.jpguploadfromtaptalk1435696163849.jpg

Thats a beautiful soap Galaxy, it must be smelling like a flower garden in your soaping area right now. Really nice layers, a neat almost perfect ombré soap.

What a kind thing to say. It means alot to me. This was my first ombre soap ever. It takes alot of planning. Since I knew my FO accelerated, I separated it into 5 aliquots and added it layer by layer after color was added. I usually don't like florals but they're growing on me. I really like this one.

Latest posts

Back