Writing lotion/cream recipes?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to making bath and body products and would like to try writing a recipe for lotions/creams.

I am not really sure how to begin. I've picked out some butters and oils I'd like to use, but whether it'll work or not I have no idea.

Any easy rules of thumb - like % of ingredients needed in each phase, must-have ingredients, etc.? I've compared a lot of recipes I've found online but they all seem to be fairly different so I am not sure what works/what won't.

Thanks

The only way to really find out if the butters and oil will work is trial and error. If you want to make your own, you need to read up on every ingredient you want to use.. Definately not an easy or cheap process, but if you didn't want to try any of the ones you found, I really don't know how else you would go about it. Oh, make sure you keep notes of EVERYTHING you do. Nothing worse than finding perfection and realizing you didn't write down what you used/did! :)

Latest posts

Back