would a lye soap disintegrate

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point, @shunt2011. I think you're right -- the almond butter the OP intends to use won't have the same saponification value as pure almond oil or the manufactured almond butter that is specifically made for use in soap and other body products.

Manufactured almond butter for soap and body products is 100% fat. I think it is especially useful in body products like body butter that need to have a firm texture that remains shelf stable at room temp, but it certainly can be used in soap.

I also think you are way overthinking the process. Try a simple recipe. As stated the numbers don't generally mean a whole lot in the big picture. People have given you good starting places for recipes. You'll then need to make and test the soaps for yourself. Everyone's skin is different and like different things. What works for you may not work for me. Just because you have a higher CO doesn't mean you need a high superfat.

Latest posts

Back