wintergreen eo -- just how dangerous do you think it is?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paillo

Reaction score
so sorry to be posting in two forums (also in cp forum) but all the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up in fear!

so i've been making hanging soap sachets (not be be used on body) with wintergreen essential oil, but now, after reading the really scary stories about what it has done to people, i'm hesitant to include it in anything!

what do you all think? should i pitch it or include a disclaimer that it must be kept away from children and pets? i collected everything containing it i had from local vendors today and am not going to do anything with it until i research it more.

but would love to hear your expertise and lore! thanks!

I answered the other one, but essentially it's an issue only on contact or ingestion. A few grams would be toxic to a kid, so I would think twice about anything colorful that smells like lifesavers...

You can put in a disclaimer, but children are sometimes more mischievous and if they get to it, it could end up tragically. I would pass.

Back