wine AND milk soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandnew

Reaction score
has anyone tried a wine and milk (instead of water) mixture for their soap? I'd like to make a batch tomorrow with some red wine and I love my creamy wine soaps but have some left over ccn milk in the fridge...think it's worth a go? :?

I added some leftover wine from a previous batch into another batch and added yogurt powder. It was nice but there wasn't a lot of wine - about 1.5 oz. However, I have combined beer and cream in a soap and it turned out fine. I say go for it. You just want to watch that it doesn't overheat from all the combined sugar.

well I tried both~
For wine soap, you need to boil the wine for several minutes to let the alcohol totally evaporate from the fluid.
And then cool the boiled wine to room temperature and mix with NaOH as usual.

For the milk soap, you need to freeze the milk to ice, because the high temperature will destroy the nutrition in milk.
Dissolve the NaOH little by little, keep the temperature low.
If your lye is brown or orange, it means the temperature is too high........ And you need to do it again.........

Hope you success!

well decided to go for it and will hopefully be careful enough with the lye mixing will let you know!! thanks!! btw Hazel did you add any sugar or salt to boost the suds? I decided to go for a small amt of ccn oil; lard , palm and a dash of castor with the wine and ccn milk....stay tuned :)

I've done half wine and half GM several times. It smells bad and the color is ugly, but it works. Just use a nice colorant and a strong FO.

i always do wine and milk, at half and half proportions. i do half the liquid lye/wine, then add the other half milk at emulsion. just make sure the wine is totally without alcohol and mix it in the sink in case of volcano!

thank you ladies!!! It's now heating up nicely...I used lavender EO and the smell isn't too bad. It was 150g wine then 97g ccn milk in the end. I NOW see what the talk is about the volcano effect...had a couple of little fizzes. And I did do it in the sink paillo!! :wink: I added the lye into the wine in 6 goes stirring stirring in between additions and added the ccn milk at light trace. SO FAR so good...it actually was a lovely milk chocolate colour!!! I separated part and added a bit of oatmeal and TD and did a layered look. Just hope there's lots of suds. I DO like the creaminess of lard in a bar!! Thanks again ladies!! :D

have never uploaded a photo successfully!!! I've clicked on upload attachment then what..nothing happened?

do I need to change the choice for image resize before joining? should I choose thumbnail? or leave it at 800x600...sorry to sound like a real dunce :oops:

Do you mean for ImageShack? You don't sound like a dunce. It is a little confusing at first but you'll get used to it. I joined first because I had to since this was before they offered the instant account. I select the 640x480 size which is probably a bit large for the forum and actually 320x240 is the size recommended for websites. The larger size is all right if you're only posting one or two pics. I might select the smaller size next time if I have a lot of pictures.

The thumbnail will be a link that takes people to your ImageShack album. I wouldn't use it if there are pictures on it that you don't want people to view.

hope this makes it!

just checked it did it did!! I'm tickled pink thanks Hazel!! :D

varwwwclientsclient1web3tmpphpgHS0BV.jpg

Your soap looks great! You did a wonderful job with the layered type swirl, textured top and ridged cut.

You're welcome! Thanks for posting the picture.

Thanks Hazel I am chuffed with it. The crinkle cut just adds a leetle something! Hubby has just made the Christmas pudding (his yearly job) and there's half a can of guinness in the fridge so...once again uncharted territory................... it'll be guinness and ccn milk next! :D :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back