why my soap is so humid??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickedter

Reaction score
hello everyone.
i have been trying to make soap and sometimes when the soap come out. It's really wet and humid. Does anyone have an idea about how to make is dry??

Without seeing what your formula is no one can really help. It could be you just need to let it stay in the mold longer, but the question would be is it leaking oils, which can happen and will usually re-absorb. If you live in a high humid area your soaps could be sweating. The natural glycerin in handmade soap just loves to collect moisture!!

here is my recipe

200g Palm kernal
50g Rice Bran Oil
50g Coconut Oil
50g Sodium Hydroxide
114g Water

I left it outside my room(around30-35C Degree) with no any cover on top.

here is my recipe

Without seeing what your formula is no one can really help. It could be you just need to let it stay in the mold longer, but the question would be is it leaking oils, which can happen and will usually re-absorb. If you live in a high humid area your soaps could be sweating. The natural glycerin in handmade soap just loves to collect moisture!!
here is another formula

300g Palm kernal
50g Sodium Hydroxide
110g Water

my friend use this formula and it works. but not mine one.

here is another formula

300g Palm kernal
50g Sodium Hydroxide
110g Water

my friend use this formula and it works. but not mine one.

Using all palm kernal oil makes a soap very similiar to all coconut oil which will be a very high cleansing soap with very little conditioning properties. Palm Kernal oil is usually used to replace coconut oil and is not the same as palm oil.

Soaps with high % of palm kernel or coconut oil can be quick to trace with a tendency to heat in the mold. Given that the ambient temperature where you live is rather warm, perhaps it's temperature related. Sometimes when soap overheats it can appear a bit greasy or slick on the exposed surfaces but as the soap cures, the oil usually reabsorbs.

You can reduce your water percentage but 36-38% is not too much water. How long are you leaving it in the mold? Did your soap eventually dry up or does it continue to sweat?

Using all palm kernal oil makes a soap very similiar to all coconut oil which will be a very high cleansing soap with very little conditioning properties. Palm Kernal oil is usually used to replace coconut oil and is not the same as palm oil.
Not only that, but it produces more glycerine than other oils, and glycerine draws moisture, which contributes to the dampness of your soap.

Thanks for all helpful answer. For 36%-38% of palmkernel oil. It makes my soap wet and the surface is rough. I also have just tried 32% of water. It comes out ok at the beginning. And nice shape. A day after. It gets a bit drying outside and white. Tomorrow I will try 33 34 35 % of water and tell you guys.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Soap Making mobile app

Robert in CP the glycerine does not attract humidity, only in M&P soaps.
Glycerine is glycerine, no matter how it gets there, and it's a humectant. The only reason you think of it as a particular problem with M&P soaps is that they have more glycerine than kettle process soaps do, so it's harder to deal with moisture problems in the former. It's just a matter of degree, and glycerine in the proportion it's present anywhere will to that degree contribute to drying problems.

Robert why do you insist on arguing with me? Glycerin in CP is not high enough to create a problem. To know how much glycerin is in your soap you take your lye amount and multiply by .77 and you now know exactly how much is in your soap. When dealing with MP you have the natural glycerin created by the soap and then more that is used to make it clear.

So again, - there is not enough glycerin in a natural CP soap to create these problems.

Back