When your mind wanders while soaping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overthemoon

Reaction score
I thought this was terribly funny, and silly. So I'm a bit of a writer by passion and I tend to plot whenever I'm not thinking of anything else so while I was bringing my current batch to trace I found myself thinking what a funny murder mystery it would be if on of the agents used to cover up a crime was lye and the main suspect (due to a large order of lye) turned to the investigators and said something like this:

"Why yes, I did order a great deal of lye the other week. I soap. What else would I be doing with it?"

Of course the real killer would be someone close to the soaper who wanted to frame them, etc.

So ya, this is what my brain has been playing with while I've been soaping today.

Now tell me, what does everyone else's mind get up to while they should be thinking about trace?

Welll... thats good question.... :D

Believe or not I am, most of my soaping-time concentrated just on what I am doing. I am supposed to rest my mind when soaping, but usually I got so obsessed with mixing EOs and cooking the soap so much that I feel like I am working veeery hard.

In my "real life" I am geochemist (petrologist) and full employed, so.... many time I am thinking about some results I got in lab, about field trip I have to go to ... or about stuff I have to work on with my collegues.

Some time I make facial creams and soaps in the same time... well... than my mind is really messed up... :lol:

I sometimes find myself thinking about what would happen if I suddenly died or disappeared or was kidnapped by aliens ( 8) ) while soaping and whoever came into the room afterward drank the lye water or sipped a spoon of my soap soup to taste it (light trace looks to me like potato cream soup)... how awful... I have to somehow make myself stop cause my lack of concentration almost always ruins my batch ...

Other times I think about work (*&@@#&!) and dream about the day when I quit so I can happily soap all day long :)

Happy soaping!
mari

Back