What's Tooth Soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all for this thread!!

Sounds really great. I've never liked the too sweet and slimey texture of toothpaste and this sounds like a welcome change...

now...if we could get a good alternative to mouthwash..I've used diluted hydrogen peroxide, but it's a bit unappealing...

I brushed with baking soda and peroxide for a few years. Effective but unappealing too. I love my soap!! Good luck finding a mouthwash but with tooth soap maybe you won't need one :)

So you all had me crazy curious about this brushing with soap stuff, so I just went and grabbed a bar of 100% olive castile soap and brushed with it. WOW. I can't believe how clean my teeth feel after one brushing! And it doesn't even have any of that other 'good stuff' like cal/mag in it. There was absolutely no soapy taste to it either. I'm impressed.

I learn something every single time I come here!

soapbubble said:
Thanks all for this thread!!

Sounds really great. I've never liked the too sweet and slimey texture of toothpaste and this sounds like a welcome change...

now...if we could get a good alternative to mouthwash..I've used diluted hydrogen peroxide, but it's a bit unappealing...

In research, one suggestion was unsweetened cranberry juice three times a week. The juice also helps with tarter build up. you can also use apple cider vinager (even brush with it). Over time the tartar will erode off.

Here a web site with very intersting info on it.

http://mizar5.com/index.html

very intersting. read about the floride info. makes you wonder

On a side note, someone applied for and was granted a trademark for the combined words "tooth soap". I cannot understand what the Patent And Trademark Office is thinking, by granting TM's to commonly used descriptive terms like this. I'm thinking I should trademark "tooth whitener" and then go after Crest and Colgate. :D

She's also going after anyone that dares to use those words in a descriptive sense or as part of a name even though it is a generic term that's been in use since 1834......

thats so stupid....

why would someone A) do that, and B) why would the patent/trademark office ALLOW that... sheesh, if its like that, Im going to trademark "Mesothelioma etiology" and then sue everyone that uses it on their websites for adsense (for those who dont know thats one of the highest paying keywords ....$50 PER CLICK)

lol

I had to Google that one Ian. :D

And yes this is absurd. They are opening up Pandora's box, and yes she is starting to go after anyone she thinks is violating it. This is a trademark that is likely to be reversed, once she attacks enough people and they band together to challenge this.

tooth soap

Wow, how can anyone get by with that? All I did was make some soap, brush my teeth with it, and just naturally call it tooth soap. Good think I didn't want to name it that. Wonder if someone patented tooth cleaner or Soap for the pearly whites!! Life is getting weirder every day.

She actually went after someone for posting Toothpaste on Etsy and I think she had tooth soap in her description..... Totally nuts.... She`s also trademarked Hair Spritz and Hair Soap......

Sorry for the Hijack -

I use well cured Castille as a tooth soap and quite love it. I'm going to be adding Tooth Soap to my product line and in it I plan on adding EO for flavor (Spearmint or Peppermint) and baking soda. I've had someone recommend cocoa butter in the recipe as well so I've already got the first batch made using just EVOO and Spearmint EO. I'm going to make 2 more batches, 1 with Baking Soda & Spearmint EO as well as one with cocoa butter, baking soda and Spearmint EO.....

I have my testers lined up and ready for the product once it's ready which is going to be about 6 weeks....

old thread but was recently asked about doing up some tooth soap type substance.

so was wondering if anyone has done like a liquid Castille / baking soda paste type ?
if so, how was final results?
recipes? ratios?

a paste is what we are aiming for, eleminate scrubbing tooth brush on old bar of soap, yuk.

Ok why not use a flavoring oil instead of an EO to flavor tooth soap? BTW I have notice a differance since I started using my salt soap. Teeth feel cleaner and gums look better. Love the non nasty mouth in the morning.

I used to brush with liquid bronners and baking soda/DE powder before I started making my own soap. I hated the 'soapy' taste but it does leave your mouth a lot cleaner feeling than toothpaste. I am going to have to make some bars now...darn...antother project on thelist!

Latest posts

Back