What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a memorial soap today for a very magical friend of mine who recently passed away. It was a really sweet experience! I can’t wait to see how it turns out???
And I’m really having fun with the soaps I make from the left over batter!!!

Attachments

• 4435F17D-8225-4C8B-97A2-182ADAACBD0D.jpeg
    4435F17D-8225-4C8B-97A2-182ADAACBD0D.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 65E9AFB6-A668-485E-B7A0-4B7D211514AA.jpeg
    65E9AFB6-A668-485E-B7A0-4B7D211514AA.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 21
I made a memorial soap today for a very magical friend of mine who recently passed away. It was a really sweet experience! I can’t wait to see how it turns out???
I'm really sorry about the loss of your friend.
Also, this is beautiful! What did you use for gold and copper?

I'm really sorry about the loss of your friend.
Also, this is beautiful! What did you use for gold and copper?
It was right after she passed that I got an order from nurture soaps with a sample of copper mica. Her name was Copper. So the idea came to me right away! The yellow is Mimosa from N

Catching up on soap threads today! 🤣

😳
I never thought of that.
I have a veggie slicer/chopper attachment that I, sadly, never use (it's faster to just use a knife than to set it up and clean the attachment).... but for shredding soap... hmmm! Thanks for that idea.

I recently discovered the liner "hack" for squeeze bottles, but the neck of my squeeze bottles seems kind of narrow. How do you guys get the liner in the bottle? Mine just kinda bunches up.

Those are BEAUTIFUL. 😍

I'm supposed to be working right now(lunch break! shhhh ;) ) but am hoping to finally, FINALLY! make the batch of marble soap I was supposed to do last week. Stupid body.
Thanks! I've been dying to make a marble one as well but I haven't muster up even courage yet haha. I can't wait to see yours!

I’ve been wondering if I use the glitter soap if I’d have glitter on me after the shower. I’ve got some curing, but haven’t used them yet. How was that for you? Any un wanted residual sparkles?

But why are the residual sparkles unwanted? If one uses a glittery soap, would the sparkles be part of the draw?

The only trouble I used to have with my granddaughter's sparkly bathing was when the 'ring around the tub' was all sparkly & I'd have to clean it up. Now she's old enough, she has learned to clean the tub herself.

But as far as sparkles left on the skin, that's really her goal, and if it doesn't happen, she adds more. It's a fashion accessory.

Tasha that's just beautiful all around.

I’ve unmoulded some soaps I made yesterday. I’m just a beginner using tried and tested recipes. I was very pleased at how these turned out. Plain and simple, pretty.
They look good!!! Great job!

Im making rosemary mint shampoo. Ive been playing with different recipes and ingredients for months. Hoping this is the final tweek
I’ve been trying to find a good recipe myself!! I’m a newbie, so I’ve been a little timid about experimenting, Can you give us an update and how it went and any tips you have? Thank you!!!!!

Here's the cut of Blueberry Thyme from yesterday.
Lovely!!!!

I always thought I had to get to emulsion before splitting my batch for coloring. However, I saw a good YT soaper (can't remember who) say that it's ok to split your batch before your emulsion is stable. The idea was that it is evenly mixed at that point, and the mixing that you do with the colorants will bring it to stable emulsion. I tried that this time, and it worked! My colorants were charcoal and TD, both of which thicken the batter quickly, so I figured this was the batch to try it. If you get to do another challenge batch, I'd encourage you to try it, too!

Planed and beveled my non-entry SMF August Challenge soaps. Same recipe, same colorants, just different molds. Can you guess which one gelled? ;) I'll give you a hint: the ones on the right are way more muted than they look in the pic. No pop, just muted muddiness.
View attachment 48865
I love your colors!! I especially like the fine feathering of the greens and oranges!!

It’s kind of cold here today. And the garage is extra chilly. Maybe it’s my nose. I’ll try not to make any sweeping judgements about my future as a soap maker. I’ll check back on them later.
making soap has become such a saving therapy during these crazy times!But the smell is real important to me.

I’m trying soap making as a way to keep sanity during these times!! Don’t give up! You’ll find something about the soaps or the experience of making the soap that will stay with you and make you a better soaper!!!!

Gosh, what busy week. Monday I spent the entire day outside gardening because it was too nice to stay indoors. I made my first Bastille soap today. Also made it with goat's milk, pureed carrots, and honey. It was my first goat's milk soap. I've soaped with beer, wine, oat milk, pumpkin, avocado puree, coconut milk, watermelon juice, egg yolk, and some other stuff, but this goat's milk smelled the most interesting. The ammonia smell took me by surprise! I'm constantly fascinated with the science of soap chemistry. Also made lotion bars, but that's not a soapy thing. But it is a thing. :D

I made a Christmas themed soap - 3 layers with the top having confetti in it. It was a pretty heavy trace and the top layer pushed the 2nd layer down a bit so a bit disappointed about that. The red mica I have produces a very dark red - almost burgundy so I tried to lighten/brighten it a bit with just a small amt of TD but it turned out more of a tomato colour - another disappointment. But who know, it may be ok (it will have to be) tomorrow when I cut.

Attachments

• Soap 36 - Christmas Confetti1.jpg
    Soap 36 - Christmas Confetti1.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 21
Nice.. love the green

Happy with my Soy latte batch today.. Dont know about you but every now and again I need some inspration for a new soaps.. got mine at the Cafe this morning 😊

Attachments

• 20200904_160056.jpg
    20200904_160056.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 27
I'll be batch prepping for the long weekend tonight. I'm finally getting some motivation back, so that makes me happy. I made a lotion bar yesterday but the ratios were off so I am going to try another recipe for that today.

Happy with my Soy latte batch today.. Dont know about you but every now and again I need some inspration for a new soaps.. got mine at the Cafe this morning 😊
Nice...I recently made a Cuban Tobacco (smells awesome) that reminds me of yours.

Attachments

• CFC8BD90-8DC8-46B3-ACE7-043174BC8742.jpeg
    CFC8BD90-8DC8-46B3-ACE7-043174BC8742.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 23
Have been having my soaps tested by a handful of people. Gave them a brief questionnaire to use while testing. One of the soaps made half of the testers itchy, which didn't surprise me because it made me and my hubby itchy. So that one is out. Out of 10 soaps, only that one got poor ratings...except by one person who said it was their favorite. Go figure. :lol:

Made some salt bars yesterday. Wondering how the red will hold up without forcing gel phase. Maybe I should’ve put them not he heating pad. Do you force gel with salt bars?

Attachments

• 330982A5-1334-4C65-BFA3-9DCB36BB005B.jpeg
    330982A5-1334-4C65-BFA3-9DCB36BB005B.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 9
  • A0B6423A-73DD-4427-8BC9-AB1396CB37F3.jpeg
    A0B6423A-73DD-4427-8BC9-AB1396CB37F3.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 7
Happy with my Soy latte batch today..
I thought that before I read it! Cool soap :)

Made a double batch of triple rice soap today. Its been selling and I don't want to run out hehehe. Pictures tomorrow! I'm excited to see the inside coz I tried some new swirling today. The tops are my usual bleh... Lol
IMG_20200906_023029.jpg

Latest posts

Back