What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been wondering if I could use the squeeze bottles without the liner and clean them. Sounds like a royal PITA though! I got 12 wide mouth 16 oz squeeze bottles online for $12. I bet that soap is going to great!
I only used squeeze bottles once so far. I did not line them. They were a little extra work to clean but not too terrible. I added a little very hot water put the lid on and shook them vigorously to get the batter thinned ou and dumped that in the trash then I added dish detergent and more hot water and cleaned with a bottle brush. They came perfectly clean.

Unmolded, now more waiting. Really wish my “white” was whiter. Still it’s fun so far! Excited to see what I get with just two colors! Also, first time squeezing the extra batter into my new heart molds. Yay! Bought them to make some salty heart for Valentine’s Day.

Attachments

• 05AE9997-FABC-4515-A4C2-ED63FF32974D.jpeg
    05AE9997-FABC-4515-A4C2-ED63FF32974D.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 5A1C4423-3252-4E5E-83F2-EB825CCFC60C.jpeg
    5A1C4423-3252-4E5E-83F2-EB825CCFC60C.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I poured my Christmas one today and the peacock swirl yesterday. Stoked that I got the ‘S’ swirl down. I used the peony FO from WSP for the peacock swirl and it was soooooo light! I can barely smell it. I don’t think it’ll made it through the cure sadly. 😕 I can’t believe it has such great reviews on WSP. Smells great oob though. Just FYI if anyone was thinking of buying it. I used Frosted juniper from candle science for the Christmas soap and it smells so good! Fingers crossed that my clay will anchor the smell for that one. Can’t wait to give these out!

Attachments

• F4429900-3E45-4CAF-A490-E0F816252069.jpeg
    F4429900-3E45-4CAF-A490-E0F816252069.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 645C9307-C06A-467B-8707-E9442A286A1A.jpeg
    645C9307-C06A-467B-8707-E9442A286A1A.jpeg
    280.6 KB · Views: 20
Unmolded, now more waiting. Really wish my “white” was whiter. Still it’s fun so far! Excited to see what I get with just two colors! Also, first time squeezing the extra batter into my new heart molds. Yay! Bought them to make some salty heart for Valentine’s Day.
This is great!! I’ve pour 2 soaps into pvc pipes so far and I hate the unmolding process. Mine always look so lumpy. Yours is perfectly shiny. I also get leakage. It’s such a pain.

Cut the soap! Yesterday actually, not today lol
View attachment 48729
First time to use my new cutter too! First time to also use wire, not a blade... And first time my soap all came out the same thickness lol
View attachment 48730
I love it! They engraved my business name for free too, and that's my handwriting!
How do you get your hot process soap to unmold so perfectly? I always have a problem with it. Not to mention air bubbles and lumpy sides! The last time I tried to SF at the end to get a more vicious soap to pour but it ended up leaking out the bottom and dragging down my lined wax paper.

I poured my Christmas one today and the peacock swirl yesterday. Stoked that I got the ‘S’ swirl down. I used the peony FO from WSP for the peacock swirl and it was soooooo light! I can barely smell it. I don’t think it’ll made it through the cure sadly. 😕 I can’t believe it has such great reviews on WSP. Smells great oob though. Just FYI if anyone was thinking of buying it. I used Frosted juniper from candle science for the Christmas soap and it smells so good! Fingers crossed that my clay will anchor the smell for that one. Can’t wait to give these out!
Those peacock swirls 😍

This is great!! I’ve pour 2 soaps into pvc pipes so far and I hate the unmolding process. Mine always look so lumpy. Yours is perfectly shiny. I also get leakage. It’s such a pain.
Vaseline the inside of the mold, and put the soap in the freezer for 45-1hr before unmolding. They’ll slide right out!

I have been very low energy/low motivation lately, so I kept it simple today and made my hubby a mechanics' soap with some pumice and creamsicle fragrance. He and his co-workers have been washing their hands more than usual and their hands are starting to dry out quite a bit. With how long this virus is expected to persist, it will be nice for them to have a soap that might not be as drying.

I got up the nerve to take an old cardboard tube from work. *snore* I know. They’re very concerned with theft so I was prepared for questions or being asked to not take it but I just went for it and no one said anything- it was trash anyway but you never know. Who knew soaping could be so adrenaline pumping? 😉They’re beefy at 16” long and 3” inside diameter. I have an infinite supply so that’s nice. It’s for cylindrical soaps (of course).
image.jpg

I got up the nerve to take an old cardboard tube from work. *snore* I know. They’re very concerned with theft so I was prepared for questions or being asked to not take it but I just went for it and no one said anything- it was trash anyway but you never know. Who knew soaping could be so adrenaline pumping? 😉They’re beefy at 16” long and 3” inside diameter. I have an infinite supply so that’s nice. It’s for cylindrical soaps (of course).
Score! What is your plan for capping the bottom?

Not true! It's pretty! :)

Hallo! It did indeed but since I have a total of 45% consisting of all 3 butters I'd be surprised if it didn't lol. Plus I HP :)

I found an old post that might interest you though.. Something to take note of in case you want to use your mango butter, or any other butter, in high amounts.
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/tracing-ultra-fast-with-mango-butter.27276/post-260003
Whether it helps harden a bar faster or not, maybe compared to shea or cocoa, I can't say.... But it does make a long-ish lasting bar. Is that what you meant though?
Yes to all these things, thank you Dawni. A firmer bar in the end seems that be the reward for having to soap hotter and work quicker...(and hallooo back 😀)

How do you get your hot process soap to unmold so perfectly? I always have a problem with it. Not to mention air bubbles and lumpy sides! The last time I tried to SF at the end to get a more vicious soap to pour but it ended up leaking out the bottom and dragging down my lined wax paper.
There's some good info here from me and others on HP fluidity.. That goes hand in hand with less air pockets and lumps. And of course, there's a lot of banging n smacking involved lol

Another thing is knowing the right time to unmold to avoid the sides getting dented or scraped along the mold.

Yes to all these things, thank you Dawni. A firmer bar in the end seems that be the reward for having to soap hotter and work quicker...(and hallooo back 😀)
Yep. In the calculator I now pay attention just mostly to cleansing and longevity. When both are where I want em I'm good. Unless of course I'm breaking some rules like in my RBO soap or something.

Score! What is your plan for capping the bottom?
Not sure yet! But I’ve heard it’s gotta be a tight seal. I was gifted a wood turning lathe from my uncle about 3 years ago. Never wood turned, and need a few things to start turning, but I could turn a circular cap for it to help seal it. Or a whole bunch of tape more likely! And some way to keep it up right if needed.

Not sure yet! But I’ve heard it’s gotta be a tight seal. I was gifted a wood turning lathe from my uncle about 3 years ago. Never wood turned, and need a few things to start turning, but I could turn a circular cap for it to help seal it. Or a whole bunch of tape more likely! And some way to keep it up right if needed.
Thanks, I’ll be interested to see what you rig up. I wanted to use tubes like this myself, but couldn’t get a good seal on the ends. Plus, I realized I hate lining molds (probably bc I’m so bad at it, haha). Sounds like you have some skills that will come in handy for this project!

I got up the nerve to take an old cardboard tube from work. *snore* I know. They’re very concerned with theft so I was prepared for questions or being asked to not take it but I just went for it and no one said anything- it was trash anyway but you never know. Who knew soaping could be so adrenaline pumping? 😉They’re beefy at 16” long and 3” inside diameter. I have an infinite supply so that’s nice. It’s for cylindrical soaps (of course).View attachment 49129
They work great but watch your soap. Mine usually overheats in those. We have tons of those where I work.

Just unmolded an experimental pour I’ve been excited to try. It’ll either be a weird mess, or super cool, or something of both! I have even less of an idea of what to expect than usual! But it was in the freezer a long time, so it’ll be a long wait.

Attachments

• 25333C97-E9C2-4679-98E7-F86FADECDDAF.jpeg
    25333C97-E9C2-4679-98E7-F86FADECDDAF.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Back