What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In soap, I guess mostly for label appeal lol

However, rice water and rice powder alone, are very good for your skin.. The claim is it lessens dark spots, acne and wrinkles, and overall help you have smoother skin.

Some do say that continuously using rice milk soap has given them the above results... But at the very least, the soap bar itself (my observation) has an added smooth silky-ness feel when rice used.

Not to mention it's a very cheap additive for us, since rice is always available at home and the water would be otherwise thrown away..
I’ll have to try it! Sounds like kaolin clay.

C

Some photos of the shave soap I made today!!! The lather held up very well over the half hour I let it sit and I even used it to shave my legs this afternoon. My skin is thanking me!! Keep in mind I am a 100% beginner when it comes to working up a lather from shaving soap - someone who does this often might get even more dramatic results!!!

IMG_9858.JPG
56563551348__B2581695-2A76-4F10-BAE9-E7A7373A5686.JPG
IMG_9855.JPG

Some photos of the shave soap I made today!!! The lather held up very well over the half hour I let it sit and I even used it to shave my legs this afternoon. My skin is thanking me!! Keep in mind I am a 100% beginner when it comes to working up a lather from shaving soap - someone who does this often might get even more dramatic results!!!

View attachment 33557View attachment 33558View attachment 33559

That looks so fabulous!! I really want to make a shave soap for the guys, but I can't find a recipe to start from that I like.. can I ask where you drew inspiration from?

I made a batch of Guinness soap the other day, and cut it today.. fragranced with sandalwood, for needle, and black pepper essential oils. Will be gifting it to the men in my life for Christmas, either a little note to say wait until the new year to use, as time got away from me, and my core time is short!
Looks Awesome! I'm sure it smells great as well!

Looks Awesome! I'm sure it smells great as well!

Thank you!! I'm surprised that it wasn't a darker colour, given that I used Guiness.. I'll have to look at some natural additives next time, maybe.. As for the smell, it's pretty awesome, and "man" approved! (Had hubby smell the EO blend, without telling him what I was up to,haha!)

Accidently erased two of my soap recipes. My soapy thing is a soapy mistake.
Oh, nooo!!! I've done things like print out recipes, then lose them before I can write down what they are.. but never accidentally erased anything. Of course, I also save everything to a folder in my Google Drive (because I've lost so much when a computer dies, haha!)

That looks so fabulous!! I really want to make a shave soap for the guys, but I can't find a recipe to start from that I like.. can I ask where you drew inspiration from?

I read the whole 61-page “My first shaving soap is a success” thread lol

The recipe I used is listed on page 45 or 46 of that forum and it worked beautifully. He developed it to be similar to tallow without using tallow. There’s a lot of awesome discussion on that thread about method and ingredients and to clay or not to clay. I chose not to clay based on the opinions of some of the gentlemen who have been wet shaving for a while.

Thank you!! I'm surprised that it wasn't a darker colour, given that I used Guiness.. I'll have to look at some natural additives next time, maybe.. As for the smell, it's pretty awesome, and "man" approved! (Had hubby smell the EO blend, without telling him what I was up to,haha!)

I made a beer soap i know its not as dark as guiness but it turned out far far lighter than i expected given the colour of the lye mixture, sorry cant remember who but someone suggested adding a small amount of cocoa powder to the mixture for the bottom section infact if you look on past few pages you might get some ideas.

Iv done that with loosing recipes so iv bought a sectioned off folder was only cheap but basically anything soapy goes in the now been printing info from websites stapled them together put them in different sections in the folder and got some highlighters then plan is to read over them highlight most important parts and then ill put them all in one section and label it and go onto my next area of research. also putting invoices and receipts there its amazing because im usually the one running round in a mad dash trying to find something important.

I read the whole 61-page “My first shaving soap is a success” thread lol

The recipe I used is listed on page 45 or 46 of that forum and it worked beautifully. He developed it to be similar to tallow without using tallow. There’s a lot of awesome discussion on that thread about method and ingredients and to clay or not to clay. I chose not to clay based on the opinions of some of the gentlemen who have been wet shaving for a while.
Lol!! I started reading that thread, and got a little confused. Maybe now that I have a few batches of CP soap under my belt, I will look again. Cheers!

I made a beer soap i know its not as dark as guiness but it turned out far far lighter than i expected given the colour of the lye mixture, sorry cant remember who but someone suggested adding a small amount of cocoa powder to the mixture for the bottom section infact if you look on past few pages you might get some ideas.

Iv done that with loosing recipes so iv bought a sectioned off folder was only cheap but basically anything soapy goes in the now been printing info from websites stapled them together put them in different sections in the folder and got some highlighters then plan is to read over them highlight most important parts and then ill put them all in one section and label it and go onto my next area of research. also putting invoices and receipts there its amazing because im usually the one running round in a mad dash trying to find something important.

I think it was @Misschief who suggested the cocoa powder... which I found after I made the soap. I'm still pretty pleased with how it turned out, though!

And as for receipts, well... I'm the worst.. so I now try to order everything online, and keep a folder in my email inbox for expenses.. one step at a time

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was @Misschief who suggested the cocoa powder... which I found after I made the soap. I'm still pretty pleased with how it turned out, though!

And as for receipts, well... I'm the worst.. so I now try to order everything online, and keep a folder in my email inbox for expenses.. one step at a time

Yes your right it was misschief I knew it was someone who i saw that was in canada but the name username eluded me.

Maybe try the folder idea? As i said am terrible for being organised but finding thats helping a lot already. Yes emails with invoices help but i buy some stuff from supermarkets like olive oil and coconut oil so i cant do that for those exceptions. Just printed off my inventory from sm3 and going to check how much iv got now find it much easier to have a physical copy and edit on the pc. Iv worked in shops for nearly 10 years now so thats what im used to doing now.

So soapy stuff today still getting used to sm3 and been researching and trying to find the correct method for castile soap as i fancy a try at something simple

Yes your right it was misschief I knew it was someone who i saw that was in canada but the name username eluded me.

Maybe try the folder idea? As i said am terrible for being organised but finding thats helping a lot already. Yes emails with invoices help but i buy some stuff from supermarkets like olive oil and coconut oil so i cant do that for those exceptions. Just printed off my inventory from sm3 and going to check how much iv got now find it much easier to have a physical copy and edit on the pc. Iv worked in shops for nearly 10 years now so thats what im used to doing now.

So soapy stuff today still getting used to sm3 and been researching and trying to find the correct method for castile soap as i fancy a try at something simple
Oooh, looking forward to seeing your castile!! I have not got the patience for that!

Oooh, looking forward to seeing your castile!! I have not got the patience for that!

Iv got lots of space for curing at the moment so want to give it a go. also my little niece is nearly 2 so a lightly scented castile soaap should be great for her :) think i better go sleep now been awake nearly 48 hours n9w and not by choice

I put rice flour in all of my soap and love it! I bet your soap will be wonderful :)
Do you ground the rice yourself or store bought rice powder.If you grind yourself please what yype of rice is suitable..thank you

Today I made labels and started packaging a Christmas order for a friend. I really like how my labels turned out! [emoji1]View attachment 33562View attachment 33563
Hi please where and how do i go about making labels in USA?i asked a vendor online and he said $1 per stickers but thats too pricey i guess.I am just about to start selling here in USA as my business base is actually in Nigeria Africa.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on my 3rd batch experimenting to create a name brand lotion bar and I think I've got it! I cannot believe how easy they are to make! AND I cannot believe the name brand is $10 a pop! Right now, I have "$300" sitting on my counter! My rock-climbing sons (who swear by that product) will save a ton of money, thanks to dear old Dad.

View attachment 33557View attachment 33558View attachment 33559
Steffamarie that shave soap looks amazing. Did you use hot or cold process? Both kinds of lye? I haven’t done hot process yet but it seems like the really good lather soaps are all hp and use both lyes.

Oh, nooo!!! I've done things like print out recipes, then lose them before I can write down what they are.. but never accidentally erased anything. Of course, I also save everything to a folder in my Google Drive (because I've lost so much when a computer dies, haha!)

I always tell myself, “no champagne before soaping” but sometimes I cant help myself. I do luv my bubbles...in and out of the bath.

Latest posts

Back