What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made New Display Racks For Craft Shows

This weekend my wife and I worked in our garage and put together these wooden racks for displaying of her's and my craft show items. The rack shelves just slide in and out and the supports are on hinges and just fold up for easy storage and moving to and from our van.

IMG_2642.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2646.jpg

That's a nice display piece!

I unmolded and cut my "oop's!" loaf from last night. I had done a hanger swirl, and then got frisky with the chopstick, too. Scent is Bamboo & White Grapefruit from NG. It smells incredible.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1445953901.114743.jpg

I unmolded and cut my "oop's!" loaf from last night. I had done a hanger swirl, and then got frisky with the chopstick, too. Scent is Bamboo & White Grapefruit from NG. It smells incredible.
View attachment 17415

That's an oops? Looks pretty nice!

I made a tiny little batch of shaving soap.

20151027_000801.jpg

Edit: I learned some interesting things last night after having to turn the crock pots off after my oils were melted because I got interrupted.

1. If you let a mix of oils including stearic acid cool enough, it starts to form crystals on the surface.
  2. The behavior of high-stearic batches just above melting point + room temperature lye is very different from hotter oils and/or warmer lye. OTOH, not even the slightest hint of wanting to erupt on me.

I made neem oil soap and hemp oil soap....the neem is fragranced with ginger coconut almond and the hemp smells like the cocoa butter I put in it....both smell divine so far...hope to cut soon and will post the pics. I love round soaps that are made in my pvc pipes....so easy.

I scoped out the dollar store for soap related goodies and got some placemats that I think will give an interesting texture to the soap, and got some more silicone spatulas... the ones I got just four-five months ago have come apart, the spatula part came off the plastic handle. Grrr.

On a non soapy note - my house smells heavenly because I've got bread baking in the oven. Yum! :)

Was able to finally get 3 batches of soap done today, which included 2 batches of Lavender avocado and 1 batch of Cherry Almond. I have made nothing for my Christmas shows this year. My daughter and mom keep me busy running to doctors and dentists

About to get my soapiness on :)

Need to make a batch of lavender sachet, and peppermint eucalyptus ... deciding colors now....

For the first time I used my first batch of cp soap. It has 43% CO and all I can say is I'm in love with the bubbles! I used it mainly on my body. Easy to lather up. On the other hand, cocoa butter soap that has high moisturizing number (40+) and low cleansing (1-5) is very good for hair and face. :)

About to go make 2 tester batches of 1lb each of my sample fragrances and then play with fluid HP...unless I change my mind again....

Carved a couple of pumpkins for Halloween tomorrow and blended up the pumpkin pulp.
Thinking of making a pumpkin soap next week.

did a 2 pound test batch of a 50% lard soap...going to play around with the super fat (this batch is 3%) as well as whatever's going to make the other 50%....well coconut between 15 and 20% and castor at 5...today had old style crisco...tomorrow I'll do soybean ...keeping well aware of linoleic and linolenic percentages...which I learned all here, thank you very much! :p

Latest posts

Back