What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks adorable in the mold!

I cut my Filthy Flower Child Soap, which I made with Patchouli EO. I had tried sticking lightweight cardboard in the mold to separate the colors into three columns long ways, but the batter was too heavy and I ended up getting away with two, yellow and green. There was too much green, so I just topped off the soap with the remaining green. Better luck next time.

I made it with hemp seed oil and hemp butter, though, and right now it feels like velvet. It certainly smells like patchouli. I had three friends request the scent, and hopefully they won't mind the color bomb!

My boyfriend give the soap it's name. He likes to name them. :)

i had some plastic from my craft supplies that I cut to make the divider for this soap, the previous time I had a light weight cardboard & the soap was too heavy.

I made some patchouli soap, too! No colors, just plain white soap with EO. I also made an order with NG for some Coconut Lime Verbena FO, and some sample FOs for traveling companions. My aunt asked me to make her a batch of soap that she can use as hostess gifts for the people coordinating her retirement party.

I made another batch of doves... I'm not up to 36 out of 100...also I made obsidian's shampoo bars with neem oil. Although I added a little island escape to it as well.

I made soap with Persion Limewood from Soaplooza, man it smells amazing but it riced badly and I was trying to do a 3 color hanger swirl, it turned out ok condsidering the circumstances.

limewood.jpg

Made my first shaving soap! Thanks to everyone on the novella "My first shaving..." thread and to the more recent threads. Without all your guidance and information, I'd still be too intimidated to try one out. I used Deanna's two stage saponification method with my own variation of all the recipes we've been discussing - it worked a treat! It's only a few hours old, but my baby soap is a lather beast! I cannot wait to see how he does after a nice cure.

Hugs going out to everyone on here that shares their wisdom!

I unmolded my first attempts at using color. I should have left it in the mold another day. The color was a fail. But, it was a learning experience of sorts and I do like the way the top came out. I still have one to unmold that has lavender buds on the top. I'm sure that color won't have worked, either. Oh, well. At least it smells kind of nice.

image.jpg

I unmolded my first attempts at using color. I should have left it in the mold another day. The color was a fail. But, it was a learning experience of sorts and I do like the way the top came out. I still have one to unmold that has lavender buds on the top. I'm sure that color won't have worked, either. Oh, well. At least it smells kind of nice.

Its a really pretty purple though!

Thanks, DragonGirl. It looked really pretty in the pot. It was a bit brighter and had a pink swirl in it. But that was accidental because the color separated. I was kind of hoping the separation would work to my benefit. I need to get REAL colors. Not stuff for M&P and not Wilton icing colors. Oops! :shock:

Today I packed up a tub of 50 pounds of lard and another of 50 pounds of tallow to ship to California. I sorted and cleaned my colorants, packed my hard plastic molds and most of the silicone ones, put all my ribbons and pearls in a bag, and called UPS.

After a year or so in SoCal, I will be ready to buy my soaping cabin in the woods. Making the dream real!

I organized my soap area. I decided it was time to moved the books to the small bookshelf and overtake the 2 big ones for soap. I still have some more supplies to move from upstairs but so far, I've made progress. My soaps cure and get packaged upstairs and the supplies to make them are down stairs. Makes more sense this way! I'm also going to try my lard soap today. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1432867278626.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432867294749.jpg

I ran through the house like a lunatic while flailing a silicone mold to get the dust out of it because my pine tar soap seized in the pot and there was no way I could try and force it into the round mold I had on hand. Lesson learned, always have a backup mold when working with a known accelerant.

I made and tested some bath bombs, and am doing the dreaded soap dishes... boring! :yawn:

My sister is here for a visit so we made her some Rose clay soap. So pretty, sleeping quietly in the mold!
And tomorrow lotion bars!
So happy so Happy!

Obsidian that so funny yesterday my sister wanted to make pine tar soap. I warned her, she barley got it in the mold!
Gotta love Pine Tar

Latest posts

Back